• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site

hi mitz and welcome, what do you mean by 'plans', where and when are you having your surgery hun, if you could fill in some more of your details it would help ppl to have an idea about you, go to cp above and go from there.
everyone here is so helpful, all the best,hugs xx

Hi and welcome to the site, hope you find it as informative as i do. Have you been told to follow the milk and yogurt diet, 10 days before surgery? Different areas have different rules. Im from Sheffield and it seems they do things differently here. Anyway help will be on its way. Good Luck x

HI Mitz, welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask any questions you want. I got most of my information from here and it has been and still is invaluable. As is the moral support, love and the occasional much-needed kick up the derriere!

I look forward to following your journey. I'm 71/2 weeks post-op from a gastric bypass and it's wonderful!

Hi Mitz and welcome to the site :) If i were you i'd look at the diets and decide which suits your lifestyle at the moment best... It may be easier with your daily routine to follow one rather than the other!

I'm surprised your dietician hasn't offered any advice, maybe you could ring them and ask them what they think! Just remember the pre op diet can be one of the hardest bits about wls, it was for me, but it is vitally important that you stick to it to shrink your liver for safety during surgery! It's not about weight loss at all, it's all about your innards shrinking...

Good luck on your journey my friend xx

x

Thank you for all the replies - I have to start the liver shrinkage eating plan tomorrow, but still not sure as I am not a dairy person...
will head offline in a mo and read through the litertaure.

I did see a dietician, but that was in March this year and she didnt tell me much at the time at all about this bit apart from the fact I had to follow it strictly.

Mitz x

Hello, welcome to the site. Im new also but not as far along my journey as you are. Ive been for the first appointment, which was a presentation at the hospital and now waiting for next app. Good luck and let us know how you do xx

I am struggling with this diet...

Just to update, things are looking good, just been on the scales and lost a stone, but will go and buy new batteries just incase there is an error.

counting down the days now, normally eat out on a saturday night... this is going to be fun... any suggestions between now and 5pm please holla.
I am doing the Plan 2 diet Walsall pre op plan.
have a nice weekend all

soo have been tempted to just do this this week :17729:

LOL anyway...

Mitz xx

Hello hun, you sound like you are doing ok, just wanted to say welcome.

Thank you Mary and Jacqui

I know there is a site tutorial, but cant see how to make my profile get all the statistics, keeps saying I dont have permission..
I have emailled to ask but not heard back, I dont seem to have full membership facilities.
I break up from next friday from work, will be able to get to grips with everything then I am sure.

regards
Mitz x

Back