• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEW TO THIS AWAITING SLEEVE

highspirit

HI I originally joined in 2009 as i was thinking oof having surgery,since then ive attended kings college in london over the past 18months with a view to surgery .Found out i have sleep apnoea and have gone in for the sleeve with Avril Chang . Am excited cos my op should be 6-8 weeks now .Any advice will be greatfully received .CHEERS XXXXXX

Hi and welcome to the forum.. I'm a bypasser so can't help you with info on the sleeve, but I'm sure you will find all the advice and support possible on here... Good luck with your journey xx

Hi

I am also awaiting my sleeve op - on the 27th October - How soon is that??? I am at Harpenden Spire - seems unreal
Susie

update got letter yesterday ,surgery november 17th !!!!! hooray .scared and excited all at once .

I was sleeved 3 months ago. I've lost 4.5 stones. Any questions just shout.

I'm 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Best thing I ever did. I have lost 8 kilos so far. I to had mine at kings under Mr Patel. It's not easy I'll be honest, but god, it's worth it getting your life back x

Paula

Hi
Ive lost 8 stone with the sleeve and everything is back to normal now and its the happiest ive ever been in my life. The day of your op will feel like the scariest time ever but it has to be done. After that be prepared for your life to change in the most positive way, its amazing.

Kim

Hi Highspirit I have just had my 1st appt yesterday (2nd time around too lol orig 2009 but got refused at 1st anyway thats another story) seen the pysc and dietitian then surgical nurse and was told I had passed everthing so hehad no problems putting me forward straight away. My side of the bargain to loose 7lbs by jan for a nutrientist appt havent stopped smiling as my paper work does say it could take 12-18mths from 1 appt but nurse said should be early spring, so the count down has begun. I have already changed my eating habits which i had no choice over after several hosp stays to be told I was suffering with IBS and not apendictus as I was 1st told which I can say has only helped. All pains are gone and so is my weight reducing. Good Luck and keep us posted. xxx

thanks for the encouragement guys .we r all sailing on the same boat just using different oars .im looking forward to getting to know u all a lot better xxx

Back