• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to this whole thing and petrified

natnat92

hi everyone my name is nat :D:D i was referred to luton and dunstable obesity clinic in february 15 and i have started my journey to being skinny :p
i have been put on the 1500 calorie diet as i can't do the milk diet because of my asthma which sucks because i was looking forward to doing something different.
i can say so far it seems to be working as i have lost 2lbs.
i am petrified about actually getting the surgery though as i keep having nightmares that it wont work and i will end up bigger :cry:
has anyone else ever had anything like that or am i just crazy :confused: i would love to have someone to talk to about it as i don't have anyone to talk to in irl :sigh: x

Hi hun what surgery are you going for, I think having pre-op nerves is very normal, I know I was very excited with a bit of nerves thrown in, I am so glad I had my bypass I am now half the woman I once was xx

hey :D i am hoping to go for the bypass if they will let me as i think it will be the one to work best for me as i have like 12 stone to lose in total.
i am very nervous about it but excited at the same time i feel like a bag of emotions lol
i keep telling myself that this is best for me but it still feels surreal if you know what i mean?x

It can be done as I've lost 11st 8lbs xx

I sure am gone from a size 26 to a size 10 :)

i cant wait to be a size 10 again its been soooooo many years since i saw that size lol i have the perfect outfit in my mind for when i do get to that size x

hello and welcome nat
im a bypasser of 7 months and in total lost around 12 stone was 28 st at beginning at time of wls I was down to 25 stone and as of last sat (2/5/2015) I am in the 16 stone range, only just !
very good luck

thanks and wow you seem to be doing so well with your weight loss journey i cant wait tbh i hope i get accepted for surgery when it comes to applying for the funding dunno what i would do if i was rejected :(

thanks i am petrified about getting rejected because i dont want to do the tier 3 then get rejected coz it would kill me i think as i have suffered with my weight all my life and i was diagnosed as a brittle asthmatic at 16 and am on long term steroids which doesnt help with my weight i just dont want to be rejected coz i have tried everything else many times and failed misseribly because of my medication

Hi nat
I have an appt at Homerton on Saturday and I feel exactly the same - excited that this is something I have wanted for years but terrified they won't agree to it or something happens. I have a similar amount to lose and an outfit (for graduation October 16') in mind!!!
Good luck with the diet and I hope you get a date soon!!!

thanks Twothirdsamidwife i hope your appointment goes well :D i dont go back to luton untill june to see the dietician to make sure im doing the diet properly and tweak it but knowing my luck i will get told im not eating enough lol. how far into the programme are you? im only 3 months in i was told because my bmi was under 50 only by 2 i may add that i would have to do the 12 month programme even tho according to the regulation thingies im eligible for surgery because of my brittle asthma mehh i dont get nhs but i am happy that im on it even tho ive only lost 2lb and nothing else it just dont wanna come off :cry: i will hopefully be skinny again i havent been skinny since i was like 7 :eek: i am looking forward to the journey but still petrified :D xx

I did a vitality life thing end of last year about diet, exercise etc but as I'm a student midwife and work shifts, plus have a 2 yr old, I made 7/12 appts and didn't lose a thing as I am so stretched at the moment. But I'm really surprised (&excited and petrified) to find out this referral is for surgery!!!

I've just filled out the questionnaire and half the answers I don't know: what I weighed at birth, at secondary school and at 16 lol I just know I've always been fat and had issues with food.

Keep going with the diet and keep positive - this new referral pathway sounds like it is making better progress than ever before!!!

Wow what random questions lol and bless ya am sure you will start losing soon :D I have a 2 year old as well :D and I am trying to keep positive but today for some reason I have a headache that just wont budge :( ive been so bad tempered today because of it hopefully tomoz will be better :)

Back