• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

luton and dunstable 1500 calorie diet?

natnat92

hi all i was referred to luton and dunstable a few months ago and i have been put on the 1500 calorie diet because i cant do the milk diet because of my asthma i was wondering if anyone else had been on the same diet because to be honest im struggling with what to eat.
i have the sheet but its not really giving me ideas of what to have for dinner.
can anyone help would love to know how you got on with it x

siana58

Not had any experience of the particular regime you are on but would have thought high protein, low carbs, fats and sugar. Chicken and veg/salad, stir fry, fish, quorn or tofu if veggie. . I log all food intake on My Fitness Pal , even look stuff up before I eat so I am sure it will be ok. Is this immediate pre op diet? If so a quick Google of liver shrinking diet will give loads of examples

natnat92

hi no its not the immediate pre op diet i am on the 12 month program because my bmi was under 50. im not entirely sure what is happening with the surgery as its only been a couple of months since i was referred and haven't talked to anyone about actual surgery even tho i have stated that i feel its the only option due to my health and the fact i have tried everything else many times without success.
this is the 1st actual diet that the hospital have put me on =] xx

Yvessa

I used to have plenty of stuff - just smaller portions.

natnat92

i have been doing the tiny portions lol i am fine when it comes to breakfast and lunch but am struggling with the tea part of it as my mind seems to be blank for ideas x

Yvessa

You can have chicken, gravy and a jacket potato with vegetables for example - I would save one protein portion, two veg portions and one starch portion for dinner

natnat92

Thankyou sweet I have been making sure I spread the portions through the whole day and hopefully will start to come off soon and if not then I guess they will try me on something else even if it just soup and yoghurt lol am keeping optomistic well trying to :D

coffeecup

Hi nat

I'm under the l&d too, and also on the 1500 diet. Similar to you I have been struggling to come up with ideas for meals, but I have just resorted to calorie counting and portion control, I think it's working ok as I have lost 7lb since I started it.

Last edited:

natnat92

ahh cool i will look out for you and say hi :) i have just been eating noodles soup and low fat yog because i just dont know what to eat so hopefully it will work i will find out when i go on the 9th :D xx