• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

having surgery in 3 weeks eeep.

mummykcb

I'm having Gastric Banding surgery on the 16/09/12 at Dolan Park Hospital and very nervous due to not having good experience of last GA. I'm hoping all goes well this time and i'm ok after to lose the weight i've struggled with for many years.

Hiya, I only joined here yesterday and everyone has been so lovely. I am having a sleeve done. Good luck for the 16th I'm sure you'll be fine x

Hiys, I was banded at DP on 3 August, 3 weeks ago today! It was a really good experience for me, point of care was excellent and recovery has been good. Happy to share any information my limited experience to date allows. The only thing I will say is that already I am feeling so much better, vital and alive! Tracey xxx

Hi there I'm a couple of weeks after you at Dolan park do look forward to hearing how you get on x

Welcome, I am being banded a week tomorrow.. Ahh like you have my concerns about GA but one that is over then its the hard work after I am scared about too.

all the best we can all do this together xx

Jane

Welcome :) I had my band fitted yesterday at Spire B'ham, but via HW, and if you read any of my past posts here, you will see my deepest fear of anaesthetic . . .its been something which has prevented me from having this op for 7 years!

I also know that people telling you "not to worry" or "you will be fine" doesn't help when you have those fears . . .and even now having had it, I will still have those fears if I have to go through it again for any reason.

Good luck on the 16th, but you've come to a wonderful place here, and the support is wonderful :)

I have had GA loads of times but it was the last time when i was this weight before that scares me. going to look into whether having Pre Eclampsia was the reason for having problems with GA or just my size. Either way i'm going to fight my fear head on like i did with my fear of heights by going on a 50m high,1/4 mile long zip wire. Going to win this battle.

Back