• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New

H12

I am new to this sight. Have been given NHS funding and last week had my 1st appointment with the dietician . Seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks time,looks like I am going to have a bypass. Any advice please, 1 minute feeling excited the next terrified!.so many questions going on in my head.

Hi H12 just wanted to say welcome im sure some bypassers will be by shortly xx

Hi i am a bypasser 17 months post op. Where you having your op? Ihad mine in SRH up in the North East. The bypass isn't too bad really, everyone gets scared as the time goes on some hospitals have a long waitn list others quite short took me almost 2 years. After the op recovered very quickly as it was done key hole. Like evry op there are good and bad thongs that can happen sometimes thongs don't go to plan but the doc will explain all that to you. Most people manage very well, my main problem ahs been constipation. I have lost 10 1/2 stone since my 1st referral, 8 1/2 since my op in Aug 2011. The younger you are the better for you in my opinion I am 47 now and really wish I could've had it done when I was younger. Good luck with your wls journey xx Any questions just ask xx

Hi and welcome, you will find everyone on here really friendly and supportive. I'm not a bypasser, having a wrap in 10 days time. But I am sure there will be plenty bypassers along to give you support, advice and their experience. Good luck x

Hi I had DS end Nov 11 , well done getting funding , honestly we all get scared I cried like a baby on my way to theatre sent my 3 children and hubby goodbye notes etc etc but here I am 14 months later :) it's not always easy as Chris says but we help each other on here and try to support when things aren't quite so good xxx join in and ask anything there's always someone to advise :)

I,m having mine at st George's London. Have been told it could be as early as the summer. I am 50 so not that young .

Hi and welcome H12 :) I'm a new bypasser(3 wks post op) my advice would be to practice chewing more and eating slower now and sipping your drinks. Those are the things that gave me uncomfortable wind pains post op and i'm only now getting the hang of it. Good luck with everything.

I'm 51 so not young either but definitely wish I'd done it 20 yrs ago at least, but then I suppose it wasn't possible I remember asking for my jaw to be wired up and they wouldn't do that :) I agree about the chewing also not to eat and drink at same time 20 mins each side of eating x

Thank you, that's what I had been told and now do think about it every time I eat

Thank you, getting used to it all now, but still trying to work out the right way to use this website!!

Its difficult to build up your posting power moist people play on the chat games of suggesting words, it gives you a booost which means you have more access to areas, it is quite complicated there are still some area I am unsure of, i am not very technical so that doesn't help xx

Thank you this is just what I am finding out! I really what to get more access to the site, like you I am not technical so this is a real challenge for me! But I will keep trying.

Hi

I'm new too. I am loving reading all the info here - It's an amazing resource once you find your way around.

I agree seem to be spending all my time on here! I love to read how others are getting on, gives me so much inspiration

Back