• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and confused

kookix

Hi all, I am new here. I have received my initial appointment today for Ashford Hospital but I am hoping to change to Chichester. I am very lucky that my GP is so very supportive. I keep seeing so many many threads on here about waiting times. Can anyone tell me what the wait times are like at Ashford and Chichester please? I would really appreciate any advice on the whole process. Thank you!!!!

no clue on times sorry but wanted to say hi and welcome

Sorry, I don't know about waiting times but wanted to say welcome. xx

hello you!
just like the others I cant help with times ,just wanted to say welcome to the forum

Howdy and welcome, kookix!

I'm 13 days post-op (bypass), I'll happily answer any questions you have; if I can!

All the best,

Dave

I went to Chichester..from the initial day of mtg the barriatric team and they day yes...to surgery is 18 weeks...my surgery was 17 weeks and 5 days after my.initial appointment. I'm 4 weeks post op 34lbs down. The team there are excellent. It's a private ward...only barriatric patients, 5 bedsxxx good luck. Ask as many question as u think of.

Is the process fairly straight forward? (I was going to say easy but clearly it's not that easy!!!!) Do they make you jump through any hoops etc??

No...they look at what u eat and why u eat...they want to know that u know what will happen after the op..ie the relstionsip u have now with food won't b the same....they are there to help not hinder u...they are not trying to catch u out. It's a big decision...its not a magic wand and the hard work starts after the op...because...yes u can eat...but u can't comfort eat...as ur new stomach won't cope!

It's a very brave life changing decision to make...u have to make sure u want to change.

Oh I am sure!! I've been trying to get referred for years!! i am determined to change my relationship with food!!! My friend had it done and I saw what she went through so I know it will be far from easy!!

Good luck...just b truful..u will b fine

WELCOME!

I had my bypass a St Richards, Chichester... I can not fault the way I was treated and post-op care has been amazingly supportive too.

Having waited 2yrs to be recommended for funding (doing a yr of weekly exercise classes, dieticians, psychologists etc...) I finally jumped thro the last hoop in March 2013, had my 1st appointment in July 2013, and had my bypass in October 2013.

I was 34st this time last year, and today (29th Apr) I was weighed at my fitness class and Im now 17.12st (meaning Ive now lost over 17st since July 2013). I have my life back and Ive never looked back - yes I have had some bad days and its not been easy, but the alternative is too awful to think about. Im positive, have something to live for (as I SO enjoy life now)... and personally Im happier, more confident and cant praise Chichester enough.

I wish you well and hope you have a successful op.

Best wishes.

Hi Kookix and welcome! I'm a newbee too...I'm having a sleeve done on the 7th July in Shrewsbury. Exciting times isn't it!! I look forward to hearing how you get on x

Hi kookix,

I'm new too, I've just getting an appointment to attend a seminar at sunderland royal...Good luck with your journey xxxx

Back