• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from Scottish newbie!

Ali_RFD

Thought I should set up an account now, I've been lurking for a while and reading up on everyones journeys so far.

Ive had a bit of a rocky time with the nhs recently, after going through 2 years of appointments with the nhs surgeon, being told to phone up for a date for my operation, only to be told there is no funding and hasn't been for a few years, finally spurred me into going private!

Had my first appointment with the surgeon from the nuffield in glasgow last week, meeting with the really lovely dietician today, got a phone call within an hour of leaving with a date for my surgery!

So now I'm super excited, there is an end in sight, i will be healthy!!

My pre op is 30th July and my surgery is set for 14th August.

Been given the details for my pre op diet, which will be slim fast/shakes or similar, will be hard but will definitely be worth it!

So thats me in a nut shell and my journey so far...

Hi everyone!!

Alison xx

Hi
I'm Scottish but live in Portsmouth. By pass surgery next week. Trying to move back to Dundee. Hoping the NHS after care is available if I do manage to move home.

Good luck. I'm day 8 on milk diet! X

aww thats great to hear Sharon! he seems really nice, only met him the once but doesn't seem nearly as arrogant as a lot of doctors/surgeons. Im super excited about the surgery!!

Who was your dietician? Im seeing Louisa, she seems great to, felt really comfortable with her, was nice not to feel awkward or made to feel silly.

Cagh - the milk diet sounds rough! how are you getting on with it? Looking forward to finishing it and the surgery going ahead i bet!!

I start my LSD diet on 28th July, not long now. Im just so amazed at how quickly it all goes when you do private, the hospital staff all seem lovely and its been such a good experience so far, huge difference from the nhs!

Alison x

Hello newbie , welcome to the group!

Thought I should set up an account now, I've been lurking for a while and reading up on everyones journeys so far. Ive had a bit of a rocky time with the nhs recently, after going through 2 years of appointments with the nhs surgeon, being told to phone up for a date for my operation, only to be told there is no funding and hasn't been for a few years, finally spurred me into going private! Had my first appointment with the surgeon from the nuffield in glasgow last week, meeting with the really lovely dietician today, got a phone call within an hour of leaving with a date for my surgery! So now I'm super excited, there is an end in sight, i will be healthy!! My pre op is 30th July and my surgery is set for 14th August. Been given the details for my pre op diet, which will be slim fast/shakes or similar, will be hard but will definitely be worth it! So thats me in a nut shell and my journey so far... Hi everyone!! Alison xx

Good luck with your wls, keep us posted. X

I'm sick of the sight of milk!! It's much easier than it sounds. First couple of days is pretty rough, headache and feeling really lethargic. Now I'm ok but cannae sleep at all. Clearly I'm milk drunk rather than prosecco drunk and it's keeping me awake! Never had so few vices. Decided to ditch food, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine on same day. I'm amazed I found it ok, not sure which was worse.

aww thats great to hear Sharon! he seems really nice, only met him the once but doesn't seem nearly as arrogant as a lot of doctors/surgeons. Im super excited about the surgery!! Who was your dietician? Im seeing Louisa, she seems great to, felt really comfortable with her, was nice not to feel awkward or made to feel silly. Cagh - the milk diet sounds rough! how are you getting on with it? Looking forward to finishing it and the surgery going ahead i bet!! I start my LSD diet on 28th July, not long now. Im just so amazed at how quickly it all goes when you do private, the hospital staff all seem lovely and its been such a good experience so far, huge difference from the nhs! Alison x

Yeah it was Louisa I'm sure...last year but she was lovely!!

It's so different for timescales v the nhs you get what you pay for sure! Is it the band your getting as well?? X

I was banded in the Nuffield last August by Mr Galloway who is now retired. I am going back in to sort out a leak and Mr Gibson and miss sharp are doing my surgery. I also see Louisa who is just gorgeous and really helpful

Good luck on your pre op diet.

Back