• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbee

Valkil

:) Hi Im new here, I have been reading for about a week not really knowing what to do, I have been reading about Sharona who has just had her op and am feeling for her already. You could say Im scared already.

Well Hi everyone well done and good luck.

Val
x

Hi, well although I am overweight I am having this surgery as an anti reflux surgery as I suffer from asthma and it keeps on getting bad as the acid goes into my lungs so my clinic had referred me as the best option, after many complains I finally got the letter to have my bypass on the 18th December so I start the 2 week diet of milk and yogurt in Thursday the 4th, although I wanted this I feel really apprehensive now and hope this will be the way forward for me. Have you had your operation or are you waiting? Sorry on my mobile at the moment which gives me limited information.

Hi Val

Welcome to the site :)

I had my bypass just over 4 weeks ago and already having less problems with asthma and reflux thanks to having a bad hiatus hernia fixed at the same time.

Don't be too freaked out by the posts of people struggling, if you have a good look around you'll find a whole range of responses to surgery, some people breeze through it, others find it tough but there's probably not a single one that'll tell you they regret it!!

It's not easy in the early days but that's temporary and it gets better.

Good luck with everything x

Hi valkil I suffer really bad from asthma too soo hoping this helps 2 ventolin inhalers a week is ridiculous and I seem to struggle to get my prescriptions, drs must just think I have attacks on purpose or summat! I'm the day before you for op pop on to the December surgeries thread if you haven't already. :) it's a nerve wracking experience but it will be all worth it x

Hi valkil I suffer really bad from asthma too soo hoping this helps 2 ventolin inhalers a week is ridiculous and I seem to struggle to get my prescriptions, drs must just think I have attacks on purpose or summat! I'm the day before you for op pop on to the December surgeries thread if you haven't already. :) it's a nerve wracking experience but it will be all worth it x
Hi Jo,

I am so pleased to here your feeling better already, it seems we are similar in our health problems. I also have a hiatus hernia but it is small they say so doing they bypass should sort all. x

Back