• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet tomorrow, scared it's not enough time!

Daisyhappy!

Hi all,
Im due to be banded a week from tomorrow and Im due to start my milk diet tomorrow, Im reading on here of some people doing it for way longer so now Im really scared that a week won't be long enough as Im ashamed to say i haven't exactly been very healthy the last few weeks :( can anyone shed any light on this for me as Im really nervous now! Thanks x

Hun dont worry as you do the pre-op diet whatever one you do... your liver can start to shrink withing 3 days... so a week is fine... everbody does it for different lengths etc..it depends on the surgeon, your BMI, so dont worry you will be fine... just stick to what you have been told xx

i didnt do the milk diet as i was on a 4 week low carb diet. so i cant answer the question about the bovril unless its do to with the salt content... mmm i really have no idea!! sorry..but someone will answer soon and we will both be in the know xx

Hi Hun x
I only had 9 days on mine (low carb not milk) and lost 10lb , surgeon said liver was fine...
No need to worry you'll be fine n dandy xx :D

When I had my band (1999) I did not have to do anything apart from usual 8 hrs pre op fast - how things change with time,and as the teams learn more and improve things. Good luck xx

We wouldnt be normal if we didnt get nervous hun xx I was an emotional wreck right up to the night before my op - then on the day felt very calm xx

Back