• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie alert :) due for band op on Thursday

yellowrose

Hi everyone
I'm new to this group. I'm currently doing pre op diet. Due for gastric band on Thursday 23rd. Just here for a look around and possibly learn a few tips and bits of advice along the way.
Thanks for reading :)
Xx

Hello and a big friendly welcome :)

Hi yellowrose,

Welcome to the site and good luck for your op this week. There are quite a few really lovely people all having their ops this week so I'm sure you will be I'm great company.
You will get loads of support/advise and friendship here.
All the best for the start of your journey
Hugs :) x

Hi yellowrose :) Welcome to the forum :) Good Luck with your op, mine is on Friday 24th - I am having the Sleeve. Not long to wait now! x

Hi SG, Thankyou for ur reply :)
Great news for ur op too, I hope all goes well for you, sending u lots of luck!
I look forward to hearing ur progess along the way.
I've just finished clearing up after our evening meal within my 1000 cal diet. I could choose between that and milk/yog. I have a 1yr old and a 3 yr old so chose the 1000 cal diet so I continued to eat with them, especially at this time when they are learning the importance of nutrition and good choices. Both children in bed now so time to relax with the hub, as we discuss the final childcare arrangements for the coming week.

It's getting very real now!

Xxx

Thank you hun. I'm doing the low carb high protein diet - only because I hate milk as it makes me feel I'll drinking it. I have a 4 year old and it's good to still be able to eat with her although she did offer me her dessert at her Grandma's house but I thought it was very sweet of her xx

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing, although having never done this sort of diet before and not having any advice from The hospital group on what I should or shouldn't be eating I'm just sort of muddling thru!
- One of the reasons I joined on here actually!

I did email the dietician on Friday but no response over the weekend unfortunately :/
Still... I'm sticking within the 1000 cals and avoiding carbs like the plague lol xx

Bless u LO she is very thoughtful! Xx

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing, although having never done this sort of diet before and not having any advice from The hospital group on what I should or shouldn't be eating I'm just sort of muddling thru!
- One of the reasons I joined on here actually!

I did email the dietician on Friday but no response over the weekend unfortunately :/
Still... I'm sticking within the 1000 cals and avoiding carbs like the plague lol xx

Bless u LO she is very thoughtful! Xx

This place is great for advice :) and for the support!! xx

Hello! I'm new too. I start my pre-operative diet tomorrow (eek I'll be starving) for my band operation on Sunday 9th June with The Hospital Group. Good luck!!!!! xxx

Hi bonnyface. I got home from Dolan park today from having my band op. I'm in so much pain! Everything went well. Had 3ml fluid put into my band during surgery. But after having sips of water couldn't hold it down. I had to have an the fluid taken out. So into the sore port site. - this was not fun! I'm currently suffering terrible, excruciating wind pain, but am told this too shall pass. I've taken windeze and peppermint tea but can't seem to get it up.
Good luck for ur pre op diet and ur surgery bonnyface Xxxx

Thankyou SA
Where are u in ur journey? Have u had an op yet? X
Hey there... I'm just at the start of mine. I'm waiting for my referral from the doctors to go through. I've been on Orlistat on & off for 2 years now. I stopped for 9 months when I found out I was pregnant with my 5 month old daughter Alice.
I'm really nervous but excited too.
How are you today? xx

Definitely a mix of emotions isn't it?! I have a 1 year old daughter and a three year old son, had difficulty conceiving due to pcos, had a weight problem forever, very hard to lose. I'm hoping my wls will only enhance my life and be able to play with my kids and run after them etc, and be a healthier happier mum.
It's early days, and my daughter cried tonight because she couldn't cuddle me. That broke my heart, and I cannot wait to be healed to get back to being mummy to them.
Hoping your referral goes thru quickly xxxx

Aww bless her. I hope for the sane things too. My 2 year old is pretty energetic & I can't run after her.. Makes me feel so bad as a mother.
I've battled with my weight for many years. 2bh I should have some something way before but I'm doing it now at least.
Xx

Back