• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Alert

EbonyPlus

hello lovely people,

I just joined and i am looking to have weight loss surgery. I am about 320pounds :eek: and looking to change my life.

Diets have not been easy and i hoping i can make positive changes to my life and do things that i have always wanted to do.

i have now been referred by my GP for NHS funding but i am also looking at the option of going private. Joining this forum is one thing that i feel might give me some answers with regards to making a decision about what to expect. I will also be looking at good doctors in the London area.

like many people, i am terrified of surgery. on the other hand i am terrified of not having a healthy life. I am 32, and i feel i have more wonderful times ahead of me.

i am hoping that i can meet people who live in London or join a meeting where i can discuss WLS with people who have "been there".

To you all who took the step! Weldone!!!:553:

Big hello and welcome :D I am sure some southerners will be popping by soon to help ...

Last edited:
Hi Ebony :)

Welcome, i dont live in london but had my operation done at St Anthonys in Cheam although
i am under St Georges Hospital in Tooting.

Nicky x

Hi Ebony and welcome!
I don't live in London so can't advise you about surgeons, but what I can say is I'm 4 weeks post op (bypass) and the positive impact it's already had on my life is amazing, I'm becoming noticeably slimmer and keep getting lovely confidence boosting compliments :)
I have loads more energy and general 'zing' about myself, I've started going out walking to places rather than in the car.
I can thoroughly recommend WLS as a life changing decision :)

We're a friendly helpful bunch on here so ask away if you have any questions, no matter how silly they might seem and share any worries you might have as there's almost always someone who can help.

Lots of luck on your weight loss journey and come back and keep us up to date on your progress.
Em xxxx

Back