• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie alert!!!

Salliebeth

Hi there, I'm sallie, 38 years old, from Leicestershire, and have my surgery date for 25th November 2013 (sleeve gastrectomy) I have my pre-op appointment on Monday 11th November. I'm having my op at Leicester Royal Infirmary. Just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice especially people who have had surgery at LRI. I am scared but also excited!!! (Is that normal????!!!!) Have started to tell family and friends of forth coming surgery and all have been supportive so far - even though family are worried - they have always know me this way for all my life - and are worried that "you won't be our sallie anymore". Just told our children 8 and 5 tonight that I am having an op soon so I can be slimmer ( had an episode in hospital in 2011 due to a saddle PE ) so I am worried that my 8 year old will worry - but at least this time it is planned!! I don't think they can understand that one day I will be slimmer!!! Infact I am finding it hard to imagine!!!! But can't wait!!!! Xxx

hello and welcome to a great site.

Hi and welcome!

I'm from Leicestershire too but now live at the other end of the M69.

Good luck on your journey xx

Hey Sallie

Scared and excited is just how I feel too!
This forum is the best place to express feelings and gain support and understanding as you prepare for wls and beyond :)

Welcome and yes those feelings are totally normal :)

Hi Sally - a warm welcome to you, and good luck with your op. Perfectly normal to feel both excited and anxious - we've all been there! :)

Thanks to you all, it is lovely to know people out there know how I am feeling!! Thanks for all the positive messages and support!!! I am new to 'forums' so not 100% sure I am doing this messaging correctly. Thanks to u all xxxx

hi and good luck with your journey i have to say i would be worrried if you wasnt a little apprehensive aswell as excited

Hi Sallie, I've joined today too. I'm having my surgery done by Mr Sutton at the LRI too and wondered how long it took for you to get the date through? I got confirmation on Monday from the dietitian saying I'm on the waiting list!

Merry Christmas,

Brooke

Hi Brooke, welcome!!! My surgery was cancelled for 25th nov :-( and is rescheduled for 3rd jan, so fingers crossed!!! I was told when I went to see Mr Williams (surgery now being done by mr sutton-not sure why the change) but he told me the waiting list is about 18 weeks. My original date for nov was about 16 weeks from being put onto the list - although i only had the letter about 4 weeks prior to the surgery date. Hope all is going well for you - it is lovely to hear of someone that is also having their op at LRI - what op r u having?? I'm having a sleeve gastrectomy. X

Sallie - I'm having the sleeve too by Mr Sutton. At the appointment there were a random from nottingham and 2 dietitians. He said that I could choose the surgeon if i had a preference and tell him a rough time that I would be free (as I'm at uni). I asked if I could have him and that I would be free late march or mid may-mid june so hopefully it'll be one of the two :)

Hi Brooke Marie, it nice to chat with someone else who is having their op at LRI. I take it you have met Mr sutton then??? I haven't met him, and just wondered what he was like??? I met Mr Williams a couple of times and he was lovely, I just hope Mr Sutton is ok too!!!????? R u at demonfort uni?? What r u studying??? R u local to this area??? Hope all is well - I am on my pre op diet and have done really well so far - especially with all the tempting lovely treats around at this time of the year - but I must admit I feel hungry!!!!!! Xx

Back