• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie... Advice???

LuLuXo

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well. I currently weigh nearly 22 stone and after much deliberation have decided to go for a band privately because i don't want to wait. I have a consultation with the hospital group in central london on weds 7th nov but after looking on this site, i see that people arent too fond of them... who do people suggest? I am desperate to lose this weight and have tried everything with no joy, but i am also concerned about getting good care AND aftercare. Does anyone have any recommendations??

I was really pleased to find this site and hope that this will be a place of support for me to give and receive in the future.

Lu xx:)

Welcome Lulu, you've come to the right place. What made you decide on the band? You mention going private for speed, have you done any of the jumping through hoops needed for NHS treatment?

:)Basically, I have polycystic ovaries and theres no cure for it, but it can be greatly improved by losing weight. I havent gone through any of the NHS at all. Luckily, my mum offered to pay for it for me as she could see how unhappy (and unhealthy) i am becoming. Did you have a gastric band? I am excited but also scared. so nice that this forum provides a little society where people can get advice from one another! Im planning on having my op early january. Would you suggest any hosp in particular?

xx

Lulu .... Not everyone has had a bad experience with the hospital group :rolleyes: I have lived to tell the tale and lost over ten stones ... With fantastic service/aftercare. Good luck with whichever provider you opt for :D

Hey everyone,

Hope you are all well. I currently weigh nearly 22 stone and after much deliberation have decided to go for a band privately because i don't want to wait. I have a consultation with the hospital group in central london on weds 7th nov but after looking on this site, i see that people arent too fond of them... who do people suggest? I am desperate to lose this weight and have tried everything with no joy, but i am also concerned about getting good care AND aftercare. Does anyone have any recommendations??

I was really pleased to find this site and hope that this will be a place of support for me to give and receive in the future.

Lu xx:)
Hey Lu, firstly welcome to the site, there are many banders who will be able to help you :)
Unfortunately, you've posted this in the sleevers section, hopefully a mod will come along and move it, good luck :) xxx

I went with wlsgroup and can't fault them, delivered on their aftercare promise 100%. Now keeping them busy as expecting a baby 1 yr on so defills n fills next yr are the order of the day...they're monitoring me closely and I feel assured. Good luck x

Thanks for the advice guys, I have my first consultation on weds the 7th and im feeling nervous but excited. Im going to the hospital group, hope i like it there! also, congrats on the baby Jo, you must be thrilled :D

xx

I was banded at Dolan Park with THG in August.

So far so good,I have no complaints with them x

Wishing you all the best with the pcos route, I was told to lose all my weight and it would improve, I lost all my excess weight and it hasnt improved at all for me at all, I have had pcos since I was diagnosed back in the 80's, Dont mean to say it wont improve for you though as e1 is different. All the best BD x

LuLuXo said:
:)Basically, I have polycystic ovaries and theres no cure for it, but it can be greatly improved by losing weight. I havent gone through any of the NHS at all. Luckily, my mum offered to pay for it for me as she could see how unhappy (and unhealthy) i am becoming. Did you have a gastric band? I am excited but also scared. so nice that this forum provides a little society where people can get advice from one another! Im planning on having my op early january. Would you suggest any hosp in particular?

xx

Hiya, I chose to have a band privately due to the fact that I have struggled miserably to lose weight with PCOS! I had mine done last Monday and I'm thrilled with it, just wish I had done it sooner!!!
I'm on 3 metformin a day and also had laser hair removal on NHS as the symptoms are very aggressive. My advice is go for it, don't think twice..it will be the best thing you have ever done xxx

Back