• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Alert! :)

Hello everyone!
I am new to the site. My surgery date is next Tuesday and I'm extremely nervous and felt I needed to see/discuss other people's journey to keep me focused and calm at this point. I started the process in September (2015) and was finished all of my appointments at the beginning of December.

I have a sleep apnea, back pains and osteoarthritis in my knees. I used to do a lot of walking to keep the weight off, but unfortunately, I ended up wearing down the cartilage in my knees and now I'm dealing with bone on bone pain. With the weight loss, I'm hoping this will "buy me some time" to avoid getting knee replacement until a few more years.

I am married and have 3 kids. We adopted our 6 year old two years ago and are currently going through the process of adopting our 3 and 1 year old kids. Life is good, looking forward to it being better!

los in it

hello newbie,and a very warm welcome to our lovely gang!
I wish you heaps of luck for your up coming WLS !

Loving the Loop

Welcome, being nervous is normal we all went through it, you'll do great.

Hello and welcome to the mad house! Good luck with your wls and keep us updated with your progress. And just for peace of mind - you can ask anything here - no matter how daft it may seem - we don't bite! :) x

Horalka

Hello,u will be fine.I had it 2weeks ago and it was the best thing I've done it,scheme not sooner!!!was more worried about my animals to be looked after then my op!!!!good luck

Sazzle1a

Hi there. I'm a newbie as well and also have my surgery for a sleeve next Tuesday. Keep us updated along the way. I've found this forum really supportive xx