• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Hello

barbs73

Hi Everyone
I'm new and only just received my appointment to have my Gastric Balloon, excited and nervous, how successful is it?

hello and welcome barbs, you have come to a fab site

HI and welcome. I'm also new here. I don't know about the balloon, I'm still waiting for an appointment to discuss which procedure to have. Wishing you every success :)

hi welcome and goodluck with your journey

Hi Barbs :)

Are you having a spatz balloon (adjustable) ??
I had a non adjustable balloon for 6 months lost 3.5 stone.. I could feel balloon in me for about 3 weeks then it settled down. My advise is drink plenty of water inbetween meals so you dont get dehydrated and it also helps to float balloon so you dont feel so hungry ..
Be prepared to burp a lot lol :eek:

All the best

Nicky xx

Hi and thanks, all I know is I'm having it inserted for 6 months as I really struggled to meet my stone target weight loss, I'm hoping it will help me learn to eat healthier size portions and I will feel full sooner, hoping for a miracle hehe x

Hi Barbs,

I'm a new ballooner - tomorrow will be two weeks for me. It was all pretty easy for me, I was one of the lucky ones :) Day 2 was Hell but other than that it's been smooth sailing. I'm only filled to 500 so that's prob why I'm better than others... I have the 12 month adjustable so I'll fill to 700 once my weight loss plateaus.

I'm down about 4.5 kilos (9.9 lbs) since the insertion and 6 kilos (13.2 lbs) since I first saw my dietitian a week before insertion. I'll know exact numbers tomorrow when I weigh in...

I started a thread under Other WLS Procedures and I'm the only current ballooner but there's three more people that are getting theirs in the next few weeks so we'll have a good support system going.

Let me know any questions you have! I'll do my best to help!

Hi Neisie

Thank you so much for your information, really appreciate it. I'm going in on the 6th November and hopefully only in for a couple of days, all being well, I'm really hoping this tool will meet me half way and just give me that help that I need after years and years of yoyo dieting, my weight holds me back so much, I'm 40 this year and I want my life to change x

Hi Neisie Thank you so much for your information, really appreciate it. I'm going in on the 6th November and hopefully only in for a couple of days, all being well, I'm really hoping this tool will meet me half way and just give me that help that I need after years and years of yoyo dieting, my weight holds me back so much, I'm 40 this year and I want my life to change x

Hey Barbs,

I was in for 24 hours... They pumped me full of fluids which I think really helped over the next few days at home when you can't drink more than a tiny sip at a time. My Doctor had me drink from a tea spoon which controls the amount and limits the air intake. I found this extremely helpful in the beginning.

The balloon is definitely a tool, you still need to diet and exercise to lose the weight. My balloon is a very expensive reminder that I need to change my ways in order to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've done every diet known to man - I get thin, then chunky, thin, chunky, and now fat :( I don't know how it happened but one day I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize the person staring back at me.

I've got the 5th anniversary celebration of my 30th birthday this year and I'm going to rock it (in a great dress, btw)! No more excuses, no more giving up! Just like you, I've committed to change my life. It's quite liberating, isn't it?

Back