• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here from Barnsley

kimmiekoo

Hello everybody, been reading the forums getting loads if advice, I have had my seminar at sheffield hospital and I've got my first meeting with mr ackroyd 2mz I am so excited I am eager to get the ball rolling psyching myself up getting giddy to see the new me, just wondering if anybody is at the same stage as me under the sheffield hospital and what to expect from the meeting 2mz.

The lovely dieticians at the seminar told me and the only other girl in the group that not many are being put through due to the new guidelines I started my change 4 life journey back in November 12 that waiting times are not as long as you would think I hope this is true I am a chief bridesmaid for my younger sis on the 10th may I hope I am fully recovered and a few pounds lighter.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my newbie post I look forward to chatting with many of you soon!
Kim

Last edited:
Aya kim, im at the very start of the journey, still waiting for an appointment with the dietician after my doctor referred me 2 weeks ago. How long has your journey been? Im so impatient lol
Sue x

hello kim
welcome to a great site
I look forward to reading your postings

Hello to both of you, I've been under the dietician since Jan 2013 I did the 12 week change 4life and the referral was done in September last yr, I had an appointment in dec which was cancelled then re-arranged to 3rd Jan that was the seminar (well 2 of us attended) the letter to see the surgeon came less than a week later for today's appointment so it's all systems go now had some more bloods done to wait for my pre-op letter I'm hoping it's soon I've read on here mr ackroyd's team are on the ball! Nurses in seminar said waiting times are not as bad as they used to be 6/8 week from seeing surgeon :) new guidelines now are making you have a 1 on 1 with a dietician for 12 months so I was very lucky my referral was sent back originally but i'd actually been under all the dietician system since oct/nov 2012 so all in all its taken nearly 18 months but I seriously can not wait to get going on the milk diet! :) x

Hi Kim, I'm in sheffield but I was referred last august. I went to my seminar on November and had an appointment with Mr Ackroyd in December, but I actually saw his secretary. She's lovely. She will ask you about your life style, any diets you've tried, what you think is the reason you're over weight, things like that. Be totally honest with her, it's the best way to go!! She will advised you what operation would be good for you but you have the choice yourself. Then it will be a case of waiting for pre op etc.
I was told at the seminar that I met the criteria, then I asked mr ackroyds secretary when I saw her, to double check I definitely had funding. Was told yes, and I was extremely lucky to have it as they had just changed the criteria a few days after I got funding. I had my pre op on the 16th as as I'm not to high risk I am allowed my operation at thornbury hospital, I received my date the Saturday just gone, I go I on the 3rd of February, the Monday coming!

I hope that helped!

Welcome and good luck! X

Kirsty

Sorry, didn't see that to posted this yesterday! Glad all went well. At the seminar in November I was told there was a 4 month waiting list, and I wasn't officially put on the list until December 11th so it could be really soon for you! Which is great! Good luck!!

Kirsty

Hiya Kirsty,
Thanks for the reply wow I bet your well excited I am like a kid on the run up to xmas at the min it's crazy a constant smile on my face I wanted to jump up + hug the lady this afternoon ya right she was lovely I double checked with her aswell a said is that it now it's deffo on she said yes honestly it's the best feeling ever! So how long from seeing surgeon did u get letter for pre-op I think they tell u 3/4 month to cover their own backs really I've seen a few post on here no where near that for sheffield! I was well gutted when my 1st appointment for seminar was cancelled my dietician did a really wordy letter to the secretary at the seminar the nurse did say plenty are being sent back because of the new guidelines so I am so pleased our change 4 life team in barnsley had the dates + figures to back up I'd been under them since Nov-12! I wish u well Kirsty I really do u will be on the milk diet now am guessing how are you coping? I'm not a milk fan but my god am raring to go + get on with it! :) x

I almost hugged her too! Lol I spent 12 weeks on weight management, mainly seeing a cbt dietician. I had but letter just before Christmas for me pre op.
Yes, I'm on the milk diet now, and honestly, to say I wasn't prepared at all for it, I feel I've done pretty well! The first day I had a migraine all day, the second I got a migraine at about 7pm, and the past 3 days have been fine, just tired from the lack of energy. It's day 5 for me, 4 more to go. Due to receiving the letter last minute I've only had to do 9 days, just one day less than I should.

Kirsty

I almost hugged her too! Lol I spent 12 weeks on weight management, mainly seeing a cbt dietician. I received letter just before Christmas for me pre op. Yes, I'm on the milk diet now, and honestly, to say I wasn't prepared at all for it, I feel I've done pretty well! The first day I had a migraine all day, the second I got a migraine at about 7pm, and the past 3 days have been fine, just tired from the lack of energy. It's day 5 for me, 4 more to go. Due to receiving the letter last minute I've only had to do 9 days, just one day less than I should. Kirsty

Kirsty

Oops didn't mean to quote! Meant to edit lol silly me!!

Kirsty

Hiya Folks,
How do I put a profile pic on?
This forum is so hard to work out I'm usually ok with things like this! lol x

hi welcome and good luck

Thank you everybody :) x

whooooooo letter for pre-op came this morning 21st feb I canni wait!!! :)

Kirsty hope everythings going well this morning x

Had a call from DR Ackroyd's secretary I have a low vitamin d count from my bloods last Wednesday :-( they're deffo on the ball his team she says oh Kim I've faxed you a prescription through to your GP pick it up in the next day or so! wow so efficient they're great :)
x

Had a call from DR Ackroyd's secretary I have a low vitamin d count from my bloods last Wednesday :-( they're deffo on the ball his team she says oh Kim I've faxed you a prescription through to your GP pick it up in the next day or so! wow so efficient they're great :) x

Least they're getting you sorted!!! That's good!! Xx

Kirsty

Yeh its fab how quick they are! :) x

Back