• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here from Barnsley

Hi Kim, I'm in sheffield but I was referred last august. I went to my seminar on November and had an appointment with Mr Ackroyd in December, but I actually saw his secretary. She's lovely. She will ask you about your life style, any diets you've tried, what you think is the reason you're over weight, things like that. Be totally honest with her, it's the best way to go!! She will advised you what operation would be good for you but you have the choice yourself. Then it will be a case of waiting for pre op etc.
I was told at the seminar that I met the criteria, then I asked mr ackroyds secretary when I saw her, to double check I definitely had funding. Was told yes, and I was extremely lucky to have it as they had just changed the criteria a few days after I got funding. I had my pre op on the 16th as as I'm not to high risk I am allowed my operation at thornbury hospital, I received my date the Saturday just gone, I go I on the 3rd of February, the Monday coming!

I hope that helped!

Welcome and good luck! X

Kirsty

Hiya Kirsty,

Just wondering how long the team took to give you a call from having the all clear from pre-op everytime my fone rings with-held I jump, I've been getting up to 4 unknown calls everyday from a bloody industrial deafness centre saying I've worked in industry errmmmm no am sick of telling them I've worked in same office since leaving school I just scream at them telling them I'm fed up but daren't not answer incase its the hospital!

Glad to see your doin so well looking fab on your pics you've posted :D xx

Hiya Kirsty, Just wondering how long the team took to give you a call from having the all clear from pre-op everytime my fone rings with-held I jump, I've been getting up to 4 unknown calls everyday from a bloody industrial deafness centre saying I've worked in industry errmmmm no am sick of telling them I've worked in same office since leaving school I just scream at them telling them I'm fed up but daren't not answer incase its the hospital! Glad to see your doin so well looking fab on your pics you've posted :D xx

I had lots of unknowns too but when I answered the phone would go dead.. I didn't get told all clear or anything just received a letter with my date for the op.. Xx

Kirsty

I had lots of unknowns too but when I answered the phone would go dead.. I didn't get told all clear or anything just received a letter with my date for the op.. Xx Kirsty

Ooohhhh I hope it comes this week I will be screaming like a looney lol xx

Ooohhhh I hope it comes this week I will be screaming like a looney lol xx

It came just over a week after my pre op :) xx I hope you get it soon Hun!!! Xxx

Kirsty

Back