• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Hi everyone! I am new to this section of Minimins. After a long discussion with my husband, I have decided to speak with my GP about funding for WLS. I have been trying everything to lose the weight and I just cannot get it off. I am only 5'3" and I weigh 108kg. I have been battling with my weight for most of my life but it has been out of control since my early 20's. I had twins a few years ago and I now weigh more than I did the day I gave birth to them.

It is hard admitting all of this but if I don't do something soon, I may not be around to see my kids grow up. My brother is only 41 and is insulin dependent and my father is 65 and has had 9 heart attacks in the last 8 years. I don't want this to be me. I am sick of people telling me to just diet and lose the weight but it has not worked for me. I have worked out almost daily for months but have only lost 5kg.

Hi there and welcome to the WLS section. There are a lot of people here who are really know their stuff and a lot of support.:):welcome:

Hi there Fashionably late :)

Welcome to minis ....you will find lots of help and support here Xx

Just wanted to welcome to mini's and good luck with your WL journey

:welcome2: Hello Fashionably late, and welcome.
I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with your GP. I was worried about my GP, i wasn't sure if he would be simpathetic or even agree with WLS. He was fantastic! Fingers crossed that your GP is great too! I would suggest to go fully armed ~ perhaps with a list of ailments you have and medical problems your family have. My GP told me to go on the www.BOSPA.org website and do lots of research, if you haven't been on this site already its definately worth a look.
Good luck on your WLS journey xxx

welcome FL, you'll find loads of info on here and people are so helpful, do you know which type of wls you're aiming towards? :)

hi i am new too so welcome the people seem lovely on here and all in same boat.

looking forward to getting to know you

love julie

Thank you all so much. You are such a great bunch. I am really hoping my GP will be sympathetic but I am ready to fight for what I need. I really don't know which surgery I am leaning towards. Probably whatever the doctor suggests but will be doing loads of research in the meantime.

Welcome aboard. I have recently approached my GP about WLS and he was far more understanding than I ever expected him to be.

I recommend that you research, research and research so that you can go armed full of information. My GP was impressed that I knew so much about it, understood the risks involved and that it isn't an easy solution. Your family history is also very important.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks everyone. I am gathering up my information and calling to make an appointment with my favourite GP tomorrow morning. I really like her and think she will help me out.

I do have one question. My husband's best friend is getting married in 2 months time and I was thinking of doing the Cambridge Diet for the short term so that I don't look like a beached whale in the photos. Would doing the CD for a short time hurt my chances? I know I won't be able to keep the weight off as I have been down this route before.

Hi Fashionably Late welcome to minis. You will learn so much being on this site I have. Good luck with your GP tomorrow let us know how you get on.

I spoke with my GP surgery and the favourite GP is on holiday but I have made an appointment for next week. This gives me a lot of time to research and line up all of my facts for a better appointment.

Back