• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here..

Lozz

Hi there

I am a newbie here have been lurking over the forum for a little while, found it whilst researching the net on Gastric bands, I am 32 and have just had a baby (well 12 months ago) and have gained like 8 stone since becoming pregnant and am thinking of having a band, I would really love to hear your losses and how long it has taken you from girls roughly around my age and weight. I have tried other diets before, well actually have tried them all and the band really is the last chance saloon for me, this is something I am not taking lightly and to be honest it scares the bejesus out of me but I am becoming desperate here... x

Hi Lozz
Welcome to the site and congratulations on the birth of your baby a year ago. You have come to the right place, there are a lot of lovely people on here who are at various stages of their weight loss journey. I can't help with advice on the band as i had a bypass 9 months ago as i teneded to graze all day on sweet things and a band wouldn't have worked for me personally. One of our experienced banders will be along soon to help out! Welcome again its nice to have you on board and good luck with your journey xx

Lozz I am neither a bander or female but I had the sleeve done at the end of March and it is the best thing ive done. I have also tried most of the diets Since the op I have lost almost 50lb. One thing you will need is support from friends and family as there are good and bad days. Good luck to you whatever you decide

hello and welcome!

I was 24 when I had my gastric bypass just over a year a go, I was not far off your weight, and height and I have lost about 8 and a half stone :)

some banders will be a long soon to give you loads of help!

.x.

Hi and :welcome2: Lozz, you will love it here, good advice, great support and maybe a laugh here and there :D x

Hi Lozz im a bander i was banded a while ago 5 years infact, ive had 2 bands so far i lost 8st10lbs with my band, ive had a few complications with leaks, im awaiting a convertion to a bypass, banding is hard work and only suits big portion eaters, people that eat between meals and like sweet stuff banding wont be effective for. The surgeon will discuss your eating habbits and detemine what would be the best procedure for you x

Hi , be honest with what your eating weaknesses are and the surgeon you are referred to will have their opinion on what's going to work best for you. I have lost a fair bit with my band but it has been and continues to be , hard work...there are long term compromises for any WLS surgery which you have to also take into account. Which ever op is offered to you , I wish you the best of luck ..it definately has helped get me out of a rut and on the way to a fitter future x

hi lozz , just wanted to say hi and wish you luck , i am afraid i am not a bander due to have bypass shortly x

Back