• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear

Rolanda

Hello, my name is Theresa, I am 39, I live in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. I am looking forward to getting to know people on the site and hopefully some local people who may have been referred to Sunderland Royal Hospital.

Here is a little about my weight journey......

I have been overweight as long as I can remember. 7 stones at 7 years and a stone on every year after that until I was 16 and weighed 16 stones. Since then I have yo yoed up and down between 13 1/2 stones and my max weight of 22 stone 3lb.

My current weight is 19 stones. My doctor offered to refer me to Sunderland as she felt I meet all the requirements for surgery. I am morbidly obese, with a high BMI and suffer from Type 2 diabetes.
Had an introductory group session last Wed at Sunderland Royal which was interesting, so now just got to wait for my first proper consultation which I was told will be approx 4 months time.

So, any advice that will help will be greatfully recieved.

Theresa xx

welcome

Hi Rolanda and welcome to the site, I'm quite new and not in your area, but just wanted to say hello! A few "veterans" (although not sure they'll like me saying that!) will be along soon I'm sure.
Wendyx

:welcome2:

Hello, I had my gastric bypass at SRH on 2nd October. Good luck on your journey.. :)

Hello and welcome on board xxx

Hiya ! Hope you enjoy being on site as it's got a truckload (many truckloads) of good info and offers an excellent chance to see what life after weight loss surgery is really all about!
(ignore the media...mags and papers get it wrong all the time grr)
Under my signature there's a couple bander threads where you can meet some of us and get some good tips and there are many awesome bypassers and sleevers who are wonderful people and always willing to offer support too!
Hope to get to know you and help you get that slim you unleashed! x

Hi there & welcome to the WLS forum!

I had my bypass 3 days ago, but have been on here for a while. It really it the best place you can be to find all the information & excellent support you could need for your journey. Good luck with everything! xx

Hello, my name is Theresa, I am 39, I live in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. I am looking forward to getting to know people on the site and hopefully some local people who may have been referred to Sunderland Royal Hospital.

Here is a little about my weight journey......

I have been overweight as long as I can remember. 7 stones at 7 years and a stone on every year after that until I was 16 and weighed 16 stones. Since then I have yo yoed up and down between 13 1/2 stones and my max weight of 22 stone 3lb.

My current weight is 19 stones. My doctor offered to refer me to Sunderland as she felt I meet all the requirements for surgery. I am morbidly obese, with a high BMI and suffer from Type 2 diabetes.
Had an introductory group session last Wed at Sunderland Royal which was interesting, so now just got to wait for my first proper consultation which I was told will be approx 4 months time.

So, any advice that will help will be greatfully recieved.

Theresa xx

hi Theresa im having a band to bypass conversion on Nov 5th, our next support group meeting at Sunderland is Oct 28th from 6pm in the room you attended your seminar, you would be more than welcome to join us fora cuppa and a chat, let me know if your interested x

Thanks to you all for being soxx welcoming. Im looking forward to being a regular here and getting to know you all better.

Hi Liz, thanks for the friend request, hopefully i pressed the right button to accept it. I would love to come along to the support group so will defo be there later this month.
Let me know about any other meets either formal or just coffee.
Theresa x

Hi Neen, thanks for the friend request. I really like the link you have for food tips Its really good.
Theresa x

Hi Liz, thanks for the friend request, hopefully i pressed the right button to accept it. I would love to come along to the support group so will defo be there later this month.
Let me know about any other meets either formal or just coffee.
Theresa x

i will let you know of any coffee meets as well as sometimes we meet in Costa in the Metrocentre, we are having a Christmas night out at Sunderland dogs on Dec 4th also if your also interested thats £10 each our last night out was there and was a great success x

hi rolanda and welcome :) im pretty new myself.. been on here a while but just sat back and read, only just starting to post alot more.. good luck on your weight loss journey :) iv also been referred to SRH and currently waiting for my 3rd appoinment in Jan where i will (hopefully) be put on the waiting list.. fingers crossed!!! i love this site it really helps me alot and it will you too xxx

:) Hiya and welcome. Im from South Shields and im awaiting my 3rd appointment to see mr Small. It is scheduled for Feb but i intend to be sooner!! :D:D xx

Hiya welcome

It is a brilliant place to meet people and find out information. I had my bypass at Sunderland in May 09. Best thing I ever did.

Jo
xx

Back