• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Member from Washington, Tyne & Wear

Mamma Chef

Hi everyone, :sign0144:

My introduction

I think you might need to put the kettle on make a cup of tea & nip to the loo before reading this!

I went along to a seminar In Sunderland with my husband to give him support, everyone was very friendly, so friendly in fact that they kept passing me all the information booklets, leaflets and forms to fill in! So this is now my journey to WLS.

Listening to the surgeon during the seminar opened my eyes... this IS me he is talking about! I loose the weight...I put it and more back on! I am having other problems too with my health, Asthma, painful hips and my cholestrol at its highest was 13.2!! I knew my BMI was about 38..or so I thought, after the meeting everyone went forward to be weighed. I asked the dietician if she wouldn't mind doing mine. BMI 42!! Weight 17st 4lb - (I used to be 8st 7lb - 9st - 10 at very heaviest) Although I knew I was no longer that weight being told I was now 17st and growing! was just like someone punching me to the floor. The dietician said I should seriously think about being refered by my GP. Me and my husband joked about it on the way home, but inside I knew that it wasn't funny anymore. So we talked it over...and over and talked some more. I had a different point of view to the surgery instead of giving my husband support, it now looked as if we would be supporting each other. I spoke to my GP who refered me straight away after looking through my weight history in my records. I knew after leaving there that day that my own life was going to be changing dramatically. Not just my Husbands! It was in a way exciting and absolutely terrifying.

That was almost 9 months ago, now I am following 3 months behind my husband. I have been to my own seminar, had my weight taken down, have had my appointment to get my target weight before surgery, discussed what would mostly suit my eating habits so I am looking towards bypass surgery, Its like making one of the most biggest desisions in my life. So far I have lost nearly 2 stone in weight (so I didn't get a target weight, just to maintain what I have lost) I have been putting the weight back on slightly then losing it again in a couple of weeks!

I was told because the list has grown and the WLS is getting more popular I don't get to see the surgeon until September!! To see if I can go on the waiting list, So I hope and pray that this weight I have lost doesn't go back on and more yet again before then. I weigh myself much more than ever now just in case!

I recently met some really lovely people on a WLS social night out in Sunderland and had a good time, it is really interesting to hear what other people are going through and have been through. I know I am lucky to have the support of my husband and I will be there to support him through his surgery.

Having looked through this WLS (site) tonight I have noticed what support is out there from all over the UK. It would be great to get that from WLS and be able to give it back as I go through my own journey. I hope I haven't bored the socks off anyone.... but I think I had to say why I am here.
Thank you for taking the time to read my waffle, I appreciate it.

Love Mamma Chef x

ps. yes, I am a Chef and I love food!!!!!! :party0051:

hello mamma and welcome to wls

well what an intresting intro look forward to following both of your journeys

hc

Hi MC

thanks for posting your journey so far. It's great that you and you OH will be doing this together.

You'll find lots of help & useful information on this site.

Welcome to WLS Mamma Chef, I met you & your husband recently at a support meeting at the hospital. By waiting until September to see the surgeon you're probably looking at an operation date of January, what a way to start a new year!! So many people make the decision to loose weight in January and then fail, you certainly won't be one of those.

Good luck on your journey xx

Welcome to the site! You're very lucky to have your own built-in support system in your husband. I hope you find lots more support and information here.
I'm one week post-op from Sunderland.

Hi and welcome good luck with your journey. Its great you and hubby are doing it together you can support each other and there is loads of support on here too.

:) you already know me i just wanted to say welcome its nice to see you posting here x

Hi weclome to the site i am also from washington, and ive been to sunderland support group once that was last month, hope to see you there at the next one and good luck on your journey, i am 1 week post-op, the time with go so quickly wendyx:)

Hi and welcome to the group, i hope you find it as much help and support as i have...

Wishing you and your OH all the best on your journey to find the 'new you' xxx

Hello and welcome. I probably met you on the night out but there were quite a few people there that i didn't know and my memory is shot !!
Lovely to hear how you came to be here and i'm envious of the way you and your hubby will be able to support one another. Keep us posted on how you get on x x

Hi and Welcome!

I am in Sunderland, but didn't have my bypass in Sunderland, I went to Manchester for mine. I hear Mr Small is good tho!

Looking forward to getting to know you

Rx

I enjoyed your story, and good luck on your journey.

Back