• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st clinical fill

Leon

Hey guy's sorry haven't been on for a few weeks but Iv a question for banders.
Iv judt had my 1st fill on Friday past and tried to eat something sloppy today and was vomiting up frothy white stuff for about half an hour :(. Sorry for the details but its taken me about 3 hours before I feel normal again. Can anyone remember this happening to them or perhaps give some advice. I had 4 mls put in during the op and got another 1.5 mls put in so Iv not got 5.5mls in a 10ml band.

Is the frothy white stuff yr own spit and gunk from yr Tum. When I eat too much I have a lot of slimey spit come up. It is quite thick and yuck.

Maybe yr soft food is not soft enough. It's unpleasant when you feel really hungry but if yr Tum can only manage a mouthful of soft food then maybe supplement it with soup also?

Hope this is of some use x

I get that too its like a layer of spit on top of your food that seems to block any more food going down, causing the spit and last mouthfull of food to come up! Without repeating everyone elses response the key is to chew alot and eat mega slow!! however sometimes even that doesnt stop the mucas coming up ive just resided to the fact that this is a common side affect of the band!! you are not alone xx

Oh, I get this all the time if (like others have said) I eat too much or too fast. Im still learning where the cut off point is. It seems it takes my brain longer to realise that I am full than it takes my tum to realise.
I know its horrible but once your fill has settled in a bit and you learn what foods or techniques cause this the amount of times this happens will decrease.
I sometimes feel like I am having to learn to eat again!

Back