• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie needing help

jen1805

hi guys,my name is Jen i have been going through tier 3 with Spire Southampton, at the end of the month it's my last appointment or exit appointment, as long as i lose 2 more kg's my dietitian will be happy to recommend me for surgery and we will have a lot of forms to fill out!

Only problem is, I was so happy I have no bloody idea what the forms are for or whether i will get a referral straight to the surgery team or just a recommendation to the G.P. ??????? The psychologist also said she was happy for me to proceed.

So my question really is what next? Do I get a choice of op? will it be in Southampton or as I live Bournemouth is that an option?

Any help, advice etc gratefully received, xxx

Last edited:
Hi Jen

I was banded at Spire Southampton in December. I also did the tier 3. The dietician referred me back to my gp who then had to agree to refer me for the surgery. Apparently it all depends if they have the funding available for the surgery if it's done by the NHS. They referred me in October and my surgery was December so fairly quick turnaround really considering. Which surgery are you opting for?

Hi thanks, I really was hoping for a band but now edging over to sleeve but will see what they say as I have a little one to chase after lol I have my exit appointment next Thursday and she said there'll be lots of form filling and if I lose 2kg more she'll be more than happy to back me so fingers crossed xxx

I am going into The Spire Southampton on Thursday 30th July for revision, I was first bypassed in Nov 2010, I didn't get a choice of hospitals so The Spire it was, no complaints, good luck with your journey.

I'm the same I had a 1 year old to look after plus a full time job. It's hard work but worth it. I feel soo much better now and am soo much more active. I had the choice between the band and the sleeve and went for the band because they don't take away part of your stomach with the band so it's reverseable. But like I say it's hard work.

Back