• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie... Well returning newbie :)

xmidgetgemx

Hi everyone :)

I joined beginning of the year and am now back so I thought I'd do a little update.. It's so good to be reading about everyone's stories so I thought I'd introduce myself again..

A little bit about myself... I live in Bournemouth and was referred for the Tier 3 Weight Management Service at the end of last year.. I started it in January weighing 125.8kg at first appointment with The Weigh Ahead at Spire Southampton.. I then completed the programme in July weighing 113kg.. The staff on the programme were thrilled and wrote a letter of recommendation back to my GP.. My GP then followed that recommendation and put the referral straight through for Tier 4 Bariatric Surgery but I am yet to hear from them.. So that is where I'm at now..

However,

Since leaving the Tier 3 programme in July I have gone back up to 126kg so put on all the weight I lost in Tier 3 and more...

I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar journey or could offer any support/ advice as to what happens next...

Anything will be appreciated..

Thanks

Gemma x

Sorry, I can't answer your questions but did want to welcome you back to the forums.

Hello and welcome back :)
As I'm sure you've read around the site, everywhere does it a bit differently so I can't answer your question. Can your GP or the tier 3 team perhaps give you some guidance? I know a lot of places expect you to lose a certain amount of weight before you proceed but if this is the case for you they should have explained that to you. I didn't have to lose weight on tier 3 although I happened to lose about 2 stone by the time I was ready for the LRD pre-op. You won't be the first person whose experienced losing then regaining though x

Hi everyone :)

I joined beginning of the year and am now back so I thought I'd do a little update.. It's so good to be reading about everyone's stories so I thought I'd introduce myself again..

A little bit about myself... I live in Bournemouth and was referred for the Tier 3 Weight Management Service at the end of last year.. I started it in January weighing 125.8kg at first appointment with The Weigh Ahead at Spire Southampton.. I then completed the programme in July weighing 113kg.. The staff on the programme were thrilled and wrote a letter of recommendation back to my GP.. My GP then followed that recommendation and put the referral straight through for Tier 4 Bariatric Surgery but I am yet to hear from them.. So that is where I'm at now..

However,

Since leaving the Tier 3 programme in July I have gone back up to 126kg so put on all the weight I lost in Tier 3 and more...

I was just wondering if anybody else has had a similar journey or could offer any support/ advice as to what happens next...

Anything will be appreciated..

Thanks

Gemma x
Welcome back. When I was referred for weight loss surgery I didn't hear anything for ages, and found that my referral had somehow got lost, so if it seems a long wait I would really recommend you chase that referral up. Good luck.

Yep definitely follow it up if not heard anything - my referral got stuck with the GP secretaries as they didn't know what to do with it so it was sat on their desk for 3 weeks!!!! I was furious! I had to contact the consultants secretary and find out how to proceed and tell the GP sec what to do!

Hello and welcome back :)
As I'm sure you've read around the site, everywhere does it a bit differently so I can't answer your question. Can your GP or the tier 3 team perhaps give you some guidance? I know a lot of places expect you to lose a certain amount of weight before you proceed but if this is the case for you they should have explained that to you. I didn't have to lose weight on tier 3 although I happened to lose about 2 stone by the time I was ready for the LRD pre-op. You won't be the first person whose experienced losing then regaining though x

Thankyou.. I am back on it now.. Hopefully losing as much as I can before being seen by whoever I see next :)

Keep emailing the consultant and let them know you are keen and willing to work hard. It's so easy to get lost in the system you really need to show them you WANT this for the good of your health and future.

First step is to decide yourself that you do want this - then go for it!

So many stories on here of people being delayed or denied due to the awful NHS processes (as opposed to the wonderful NHS). Make sure you are heard and they know your name, in a good way.

Back