• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie x

jooz0301

Hi to everyone x
I visited my GP today in Suffolk to talk about my weight. My BMI is 43 and I have been battling weight for over 20 years. My GP wants me to see the lhealth coach (?) based at the surgery then go back to see her in 3 months :-(. She did mention the Luton and Dunstable and that I would need funding to be agreed to get a referral which seems confusing x I am going to ring our PCT Great Yarmouth and Waveney to find out some more info.

If anyone has any advice on this it would be really great x

Jo x

Hello Jooz0301!
welcome to a great site im sure someone will pop up soon and be able to help you soon

Thanks for the welcome, so many great posts and really good information x

Hi Jo and welcome.

It is probably the cases that for funding in your area you need to be seen to have exhausted all other routes, hence the referral to the health coach. Once you have done that your GP can fill in a funding form that will be a stronger case for funding. Some people have a huge battle for funding so the more balls you have in your court the better. By referring you to the health coach now it will be quicker than applying for funding and them coming back and saying you need to see a health coach (and the funding decisions can take quite a time anyway).

One thing about this process is you have to learn patience otherwise you will go stir crazy. Every step of the way involves waiting for letters that take YEARS to come (that's what it can feel like at times anyway :-D ) I am the least patient person I know so it was hell and I didn't have the wait lots of others did.

You mention Luton and Dunstable, likewise I'm in Boston (Lincs, not USA but can dream though!) and my 'local' hospital for bariatric surgery is Derby. SO the distances can be a pain but it does also mean you have a whole clump of experts together in one place.

Good luck with your journey x

Thank you xx

I have emailed them this morning so will have to wait to see what they say x thanks for the advice xx

Well my year on tier 3 is over and I have an appointment on the 16th at L and D to see the doctors xx got to be super good till then as I have struggled over the year my weight has been up and down x keeping positive tho x is anyone at this stage of their journey too x

Well my year on tier 3 is over and I have an appointment on the 16th at L and D to see the doctors xx got to be super good till then as I have struggled over the year my weight has been up and down x keeping positive tho x is anyone at this stage of their journey too x
Had a sleeve this Wednesday.
I had my first appointment at L&D end of July this year. They are all really lovely and do understand the struggle we have with our weight.
Good luck at your appointment.
X

I havnt done well and havnt lost a lot so just doing all i can to make these next few weeks count xx

Bellas mum xx how are you feeling today x

Bellas mum xx how are you feeling today x
Hi Jozz0301
Sorry only just seen your post.
I am feeling a lot better now. 11 days post-op, I can drink easier now. To begin with a couple of sips was all I could manage. First thing in the morning when my stomach is obviously empty I can slowly drink 200ml of a protein shake, this morning only took 15 minutes. I then find I have to leave it a couple of hours and I can then drink about another 150ml. It's a big learning curve.
The operation wasn't that bad. I was in pain straight afterwards but the morphine dealt with that. I did have wind pain for a couple of days but it wasn't that painful just uncomfortable.

How did your hospital appointment go?

Good luck with the next few weeks as you try to make them count with your weight loss Jozz0301!

Hi xx sorry for the late reply x my app went ok x i saw the medical doctor her cleared me forward to the mdt appointment x not till mid march tho :-(

How are u feeling now as its been a few weeks xxx

Thank you xx

Back