• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi and welcome robbie..........kath x

Hello & welcome to this wonderful forum, Wishing you lots of good luck with your weight loss journey

Hiya Bob welcome to Minis

Hi Robbie
Welcome to minis it really is a great place to be part of of we are all very supportive and happy to help "newbies" like yourself. Glad your test went well and you have a date for surgery. I've never heard of it being done under local anesthetic before just keyhole or open both done under general ( i could be wrong though ) x

I think I'd double check that. This is major surgery. Its doubtfull that it can be done with an Epidural even because its too high up, but then I may be wrong.

I've only ever heard of it being done open or with a Laporoscopy. Having said that when I had my post op Heamatoma removed, that was done on the bed with a local, and they did open the whole wound from breast bone to belly button so it is feasable I suppose.

Anyway I'm sure that which ever way you are having it done that you will be fine. Good luck with the op and welcome to Mini's.

xx

i was so happy at the time he told me they would do the bypass i forgot to ask him all the questions i had written down lol now i have checked the consent form 1 and my mistake he's ticked two boxes, general and/or regional then box 2 local anaesthesia. but he has said the is no need for me to go to the high dependency unit, their putting straight back on the ward,

well talk to this lot buddy, these lot are a wealth of information, someone's been there, or done that, even some have the t-shirts lol!! Not alot this lot won't know

and the t-shirts will be in a huge range of sizes too!
Welcome to the site and the very best of luck with your journey xx

Hi Robbie - welcome to minis! Good luck with your weight loss journey xx

Back