• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton 1st appointment and time scales?

laura cullum

I have been given my first two appointments with a nurse at 9 am and consultant at 3pm. how long should I expect to be there for? and what should I take. complete newbie here and I have no idea what to expect. thanks xxx

Missyme

Hi, are you NHS? I think it will be a discussion for your initial appointments and I would assume you would just need a list of any medication you're taking. I'm sure they would let you know if you needed to bring anything.

Missy x

Missyme

It’s very overwhelming! I am going into hospital later today for my band to bypass revision tomorrow. It’s just a shame this forum is not as active as it looks like it once was.

Missyme

Hi, I’m going to Leeds Nuffield. I have a thread on here called Missy’s Journey... kind of a diary for me to keep. I had a gastric band fitted in 2013. I’m heavier now than when I had it fitted. Never reached an acceptable restriction with it. Either too tight and choking on acid in my sleep or hardly any restriction. Too much messing about having fills/defills etc and also had to have the port repositioned. It works for some but not for me. Fed up of yo-yoing and can’t get back down. I was originally 22st 8. Lost 11 stone in a vlcd in 2006 and have gone up to 17 stone. X

jj87

Hey. It took me 8months from doctors to getting my sleeve. Homerton work fastm good luck x

jj87

Very general.1st app all about your and your eating exercise routine then in afternoon its the group session which will talk about all the surgery's in more detail. If you've got this far then I'm sure your well in your way. You should ask about funding as I know they was changing it and at some point it won't be the hospital who decides it will be your local CCG or something like that. So defo find out as I was informed that wid be changing soon and wid be harder for funding.

laura cullum

oh ok thanks. how were the consultants I feel like any appointments I am massively judged. how is your life now? what' it like not eating x

jj87

oh ok thanks. how were the consultants I feel like any appointments I am massively judged. how is your life now? what' it like not eating x
I just eat smaller... I pick too much if honest but I don't feel like I'm missing out. Life is better. I don't feel like I'm judged for my size anymore which is nice. Yh I had a lady consultant. She was lovely. Homerton is a great hospital. Will u go to any of the support groups. Where Ru based

laura cullum

yeah I am.based in Essex. so Will I'f there are any.
I am u see gp at moment as my blood tests are all out of sorts so hopefully sorting that before my appointments in Feb x