• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi everyone,

I am due to have my surgery on 9th July and though I want the surgery am a little scared. Not knowing what to expect has been a little worrying seeing as the seminar was nearly 18 month ago. :eek:

I have been reading with great interest, other peoples stories and am not so worried now. I have asked myself "Why?" a dozen or 50 times and still answer it with the same logic "Your health will drastically improve!" and I so want that. But, I cant help wondering.

I am absolutly 100% sure that others have felt the same and come through the op just fine and well on the road to recovery. I am not one for lying in bed when I am ill and I hope it is this strenght of resolve that will have me looking back after each day that passes post op and thinking " Well Done Joan" ;)

Hi Joan
My op is Wednesday for the band and I'm feeling exactly same as you
Keep arguing with myself and in so nervous
But all the support on here and all the losers diaries have confirmed it's the right steps
Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Gailm,

I know this doesn;t sound right and I mean it in the nicest possible way but, I am glad a like minded person has replied to my thread.

Every day since I got the phone call I have battled with inner demons but thankfully logic wins outright and I am back in the driving seat so to speak. It is such a scary thought isnt it. I think by sharing ones fears and worries with somone who has been through it or is waiting does ease a whole lot of misgivings. I did try to go into the chat room to see if anyone was there that would tell me their story but sadly I went back to the message forum and hey presto there you were!!

Many thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Hi Joan and Welcome, I felt exactly the same as you befor my bypass but i can honestly say i have no regrets my life has improved 100%. Good Luck with your weightloss journey and if you have any questions please ask away.

Hi Joan

I'm ages behind you on this journey but I'm sure your feelings are normal x x

Hi Joan welcome!! This is such a great place! I was banded nearly two weeks ago and like you with the intention of improving my health heres hoping its the beginning of the rest of our lives :D

Hi and a warm Welcome, you can ask anyone on here and they will all tell you the same thing, they were scared, nervous and frightened and had lots of questions. so just keep asking. i wish you good luck with your wls. xx

WelcometotheGroupCup.gif

High I'm a few days ahead of you my ops on the 5th. I think if we didn't feel nervous and excited we wouldn't be able to realise the benefits and make the most of the process we are about to undertake.

Hi All

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome and messages of encouragement, it is refreshing to see so many people are concerned for others as well as themselves, being in the same boat so to speak.

I am sitting at my craft table making a card for my daughters birthday on the 15th July. While I am cutting a weird thought rushed through mind my (didnt think there was any room left for random thoughts since I got my Op date, but there you go)

How do we know while on the fluid diet, that our liver has shrunk enough. I know I will loose some more weight but will I feel like my liver has shrunk:confused:

Told you it was a weird thought :D Does anyone know?

Can you imagine..feeling like your liver shrunk down....do you think it would tickle? LOL!

mightyminx49 said:
Hi Gailm,

I know this doesn;t sound right and I mean it in the nicest possible way but, I am glad a like minded person has replied to my thread.

Every day since I got the phone call I have battled with inner demons but thankfully logic wins outright and I am back in the driving seat so to speak. It is such a scary thought isnt it. I think by sharing ones fears and worries with somone who has been through it or is waiting does ease a whole lot of misgivings. I did try to go into the chat room to see if anyone was there that would tell me their story but sadly I went back to the message forum and hey presto there you were!!

Many thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Hi Joan
As you know mines over and done and tbh it was quite a breeze all the other last
Here at Dolan who have had bands done are feeling the same
Its just the wind pains that are uncomfortable oh and the crappy rock are creeky hospital beds hehe
Well I'm of home this morning and can't wait for my luxury mattress to sink into my
Body lol
Will keep you posted and I'm sending
You big virtual hugs cos I know exactly how anxious I felt in pre op so close to my date
Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've been on liver shrinkage since last Monday, I've no ideas whether my liver has shrunk, but it better bloody have done! ;-)

I've lost 16lb since I started on this crazy milk and yogurt induced weight loss! It's really not that bad!

I'm due in for bypass on Tuesday so experienced all the same fears and questions but just like you have come back to logic. However I must say reading these forums has been amazingly helpful!

Good luck on your journey, see you around here! ;-) x

It'll come soon enough! It'll give you chance to research and then when you get there you can any questions you have!

I also bought that return to slender book for food ideas, that's a good bit of research or the website is bariatric cookery . X

Back