• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purplicious

Hi everyone,
I'm new here, just found & downloaded the app today. I'm very excited to actually be able to talk with people who have either gone through or will be going through WLS. my surgery date is April 5th 2012 & I'm excited and nervous. I met with my doctor today for our last meeting until the surgery. Everyone has been great & my husband has been so supportive. I've read the books, stocked up on liquids & vitamins. Anything else I need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi its nice to talk to you what op are you going to be having and where at? I am post op 7months i had a gastric bypass, my husband and family have been very supportive to but at first they were all very worried especially my husband the one thing he didn't want me to have was the bypass and its the one thing the surgeon reccommended for me to have. But it went well and they are all happy for me and all been very helpful, i'v never had as many second hand handme down clothes from friends and family as my weight comes off. Pointless buying much at this stage xx

:welcome:

Welcome and good luck for your op I am having mine on 2nd April just before you. How exciting x

Hey. I've not long joined and it's absolutely fab! Everyone on here is so amazing and supportive , people ask questions that you think wow are they in my head! We're all in the same position and reading the post op diaries are inspirational!!! My op is the 11th April and I'm in a " this isn't happening to me " stage I can't believe it just yet. Good look for your surgery! Hope to hear from you soon and your experiences xxxx

I'm having the gastric bypass it was the one recommended by my doc. Everything is happening much faster than I anticipated especially after reading alot of the stories on here. I had tried every diet, flush, cleansing, detox known to try & lose weight but nothing helped & finally in November I took the plunge. I didn't expect to have the surgery til next year but I have great insurance. I'm getting nervous but ready to start a new phase. I'm tired of being described as the big chick! Thank u everyone for helping me feel welcome.

Fizzpot said:
Hey. I've not long joined and it's absolutely fab! Everyone on here is so amazing and supportive , people ask questions that you think wow are they in my head! We're all in the same position and reading the post op diaries are inspirational!!! My op is the 11th April and I'm in a " this isn't happening to me " stage I can't believe it just yet. Good look for your surgery! Hope to hear from you soon and your experiences xxxx

I'm so excited for you. Have u started packing for the hospital yet? Lol. My bag is already in the trunk of my car, ready to go. I can't wait to hear from u after ur surgery & as soon as I'm able I'll check on u. Good luck!

Nini76 said:
Welcome and good luck for your op I am having mine on 2nd April just before you. How exciting x

I'm excited for you..lol. Was the process a long one to get to this point?

chrisa said:
Hi its nice to talk to you what op are you going to be having and where at? I am post op 7months i had a gastric bypass, my husband and family have been very supportive to but at first they were all very worried especially my husband the one thing he didn't want me to have was the bypass and its the one thing the surgeon reccommended for me to have. But it went well and they are all happy for me and all been very helpful, i'v never had as many second hand handme down clothes from friends and family as my weight comes off. Pointless buying much at this stage xx

I'm having the gastric and like you my husband was scared in the beginning. But he started going to the meetings with me, talking to folks on his job that had had the same surgery and reading my books he now understands. He knows that it's not a quick fix but a life change. I haven't told many people because I know the negative response that will be coming back. My family & close friends are encouraging me so that helps.

Purplicious said:
I'm so excited for you. Have u started packing for the hospital yet? Lol. My bag is already in the trunk of my car, ready to go. I can't wait to hear from u after ur surgery & as soon as I'm able I'll check on u. Good luck!

Thank you :) only a week left for you wow!! No I've not packed a bag yet im not very organised at all! I really need a kick up the bum lol! How's your pre op diet going? Xx

Back