• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excited and scared

k.go

Hi I'm new to here I'm so pleased I've found somewhere where other people are going through the same as me.
I'm having bypass surgery at the Sunderland Royal. I've been on my journey since Oct 2010. Today I has an endoscopy and was told I've now been placed on the waiting list and should have my op in 3 months.
Should I feel excited or Nervous? I'm scared of what my life will be like after!

hi and welcome, i don't think i have responded to you before?
i am on the waiting list at darlington memorial hospital and should have had my gastric sleeve op on 08th march but this was cancelled at the very last minute due to a late diagnosis of sleep apeoa!! my new surgery date is may 03rd so i am trying really hard with the awful CPAP machine to get my breathing right before then. i have been feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness for months now. i'm up one day and down the next but, i think after reading lots of other posts on this site that this quite normal. it is such a big thing in our lives isn't it? i'm now just taking it one day at a time but i have excellent support, guidance and advice from the wonderful peeps on here darlin. keep posting your progress and i wish you a successful op and recovery xx

Hi and thanks for replying. It's the first time I've posted anything on here.
I'll kept my fingers crossed your op goes ahead in may.
I'm up and down everyday. Some days the thought of the op really scares me and makes me wonder what I'm doing and other days I just can't wait!
I good to see everyone goes through the same thing and it's not just me. The support from reading other people's updates will keep me going xx

woohoo welcome k.go and good luck:) xxx

Hello and welcome :)

My op is Friday 30th March.

I was sad slightly that I had never managed to conquer my weight. Then realised we are being strong people by getting help. Just like me, and many others, this will be among the best choices you have ever made :D

Hiya and welcome!!! , ur in good hands I had my bypass at Sunderland in november and havent had any pain what so ever but I have lost 5st 7lb since so was deffo the right thing to do, just let me no if I can help u with anything xx

:welcome:

I had my endo at Sunderland in Dec and hoping to get my gastric sleeve in April.

Best of luck x

Hi K.go pleased to hear you on your way now, i had to have the camera down twice lucky me!! before i could go on the list. They are lovely on the ward they treat you really well and nothing is too much trouble. The dietician is good there too she is most helpful and you an contact her when you come home and she does get back to you later on in the day one night she rang me at 6pm just to give me advice. THe operation for me was a positive experience i am pleased to say and i'm sure yours will be too, i am 7 months post op now and i haven't had any problems either thankfully xx

Thank you for all your msges. You are all doing amazing with your weight losses. Makes me feel really positive about what your doing and I'm looking forward to all your updates.
Fuffs- hope everything goes well with you op and I can't wait to hear how you are getting on after x.

Thats a really good way to think of it Fuffs. I never thought of it that way before. I feel better about myself now, thanks xxx

Punkwitch said:
Thats a really good way to think of it Fuffs. I never thought of it that way before. I feel better about myself now, thanks xxx

Glad it resonated with you :) its too easy to think we are weak. We are changing our lives forever. Taking away all that has been our comfort. That takes some real grit :) So well done to you and us all xxx :D

Hi k.go, I'm also a SRH patient I had my bypass 2 weeks ago tomorrow, it's all been a positive experience for me, I agree your in good hands - Good luck with your journey! :) x

P5ARE said:
Hi k.go, I'm also a SRH patient I had my bypass 2 weeks ago tomorrow, it's all been a positive experience for me, I agree your in good hands - Good luck with your journey! :) x

Thank you. You too. Glad to hear its all going well x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z. said:
my hubby had his seminar same time as you, hes now 3 weeks post op bypass, i have a group dedicated to srh friends thats a closed group for privacy reasons add me on the link below to talk to other srh friends x x x

Liz x
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=627703298

Hi. Thanks for your msge. Used the link and sent a request. Would be good to here about other peoples journeys at srh. It's a long journey but hopefully will get there eventually x

k.go said:
Thank you for all your msges. You are all doing amazing with your weight losses. Makes me feel really positive about what your doing and I'm looking forward to all your updates.
Fuffs- hope everything goes well with you op and I can't wait to hear how you are getting on after x.

Thank you very much :) You will soon gather I am a chatterbox, so you will be treated to every detail lol

Hi -

I had my seminar in Oct 10 too.

I had my endoscopy at the end of Jan and have fingers (well, everything!) crossed that I have my op May - June.

Emma x

safc_chick said:
Hiya and welcome!!! , ur in good hands I had my bypass at Sunderland in november and havent had any pain what so ever but I have lost 5st 7lb since so was deffo the right thing to do, just let me no if I can help u with anything xx

That's amazing. Hope I do so well xx

angelica13 said:
Hi -

I had my seminar in Oct 10 too.

I had my endoscopy at the end of Jan and have fingers (well, everything!) crossed that I have my op May - June.

Emma x

Hi, fingers crossed you get a date soon. I just want to know now when it will be x

Hi
I had my bypass 4 weeks ago at sunderland and have to say am loving it, i have lost 2stone 1lb including pre op diet, i am already onto normal eating i have been very lucky have not suffered from pain, naseau or wind. You will be fine ward staff are lovely and consultants too. Any questions just ask xx

How long did you wait after the camera. Glad to hear you've had a good journey. I just want to know when my op is going to be. I'm getting impatient xx

Back