• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mollythedogsmum

Hi all x I'm about to start my pre op diet for a gastric band. I hope I'm doing the right thing. I mean should I pay the extra and get the bypass. I'm so excited

it depends on your eating habbits the band will give restriction on portion control, if your a sweet eater, chocs, cakes and nibble through out the day then a bypass would be better x

I know but I am self funded so I just couldn't pay the extra £2,800 on top of what I'm paying already :-( I can't wait any longer not long to go :)

hi and good luck :) there are loads of people on here that are really happy with their weight loss after band x take care

Hi i am in the same boat but I have 10 stone to loose :cry: but could not afford gastric bypass and was worried about risk etc. so I decided on the band because even if I loose 4 stone it's better than where I am at at the min. Then hopefully can start exercise to help with the weight loss xx

blob said:
Hi i am in the same boat but I have 10 stone to loose :cry: but could not afford gastric bypass and was worried about risk etc. so I decided on the band because even if I loose 4 stone it's better than where I am at at the min. Then hopefully can start exercise to help with the weight loss xx

Hi x

When do you get yours?

welcome and good luck :) xxx

mollythedogsmum said:
Hi all x I'm about to start my pre op diet for a gastric band. I hope I'm doing the right thing. I mean should I pay the extra and get the bypass. I'm so excited

Welcome Molly x

I'm now 5 weeks post op had 6 stone to lose was banded and now have 4 stone to lose - no regrets so far x

Paula x

mollythedogsmum said:
Wow x did u you have the band

Hi Molly yes I got banded at Dolan park mr sigurdson x

mollythedogsmum said:
Do u still feel the urge to eat? I don't want that massive urge anymore

The first few weeks no although when preparing my daughters food found myself picking and just about to put in my mouth lol habits I guess as wasn't hungry. 3rd and 4th week felt hungrier but not starving or snacking. Today I've had 2 small latte a protein bar (breakfast) and a tortilla wrap with chicken tikka bits and mint yogurt dressing - totally full and won't need anything else till about 6:30 7 ish when ill have Thai fish cake and some carrots x

For me a lot was/is bad habits eating just because that huge bar of chocolate is in the fridge or piling my plate so high because I loved chips etc

You will do great as long as you follow the guidelines and don't cheat - your only cheating yourself x

My protein bar gives me my chocolate fix - find alternatives that are better for you x

Set yourself some small goals, trust me there is no feeling better than the compliments you get on how good you are looking x

I still haven't told anyone I've had it done other than my partner lol

Yeah x I've told my husband (obviously) it's our money we are spending and I made him come to all my consultations with me so he knew how desperately unhappy I was . My best friend who lives in Dubai now- she knows only cos we have done lighter life, Cambridge, weight watchers, slimming world and protein diets together. I've not told my sister because I think she would try and make me fail (in a sisterly way) and not told my mum cos she will worry x x

mollythedogsmum said:
Yeah x I've told my husband (obviously) it's our money we are spending and I made him come to all my consultations with me so he knew how desperately unhappy I was . My best friend who lives in Dubai now- she knows only cos we have done lighter life, Cambridge, weight watchers, slimming world and protein diets together. I've not told my sister because I think she would try and make me fail (in a sisterly way) and not told my mum cos she will worry x x

I know exactly what you mean, I was worried about being judged my close mates are size 8-10 and they complimented me last week on weight loss, told them I had another 4 stone to go and they both said oh god no only lose another stone you won't be you - lol

Losing weight is hard enough without people waiting for you to fail x

We have just come back from holiday where we stayed at my hubby's parents house. It took her 3 days to have a dig at me about my weight #cow

Back