• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie :)

Danielle <3

Hello I am new to this site, I am 5 days post op, I had a gastric bypass on the 3rd of july. I am currently on puree stage and loads of water :(. I feel full all the time and not hungry, making myself eat was just wondering if anyone felt anxious at this stage ? I still have lots of trapped wind so I hope that this gets a little easier :)

Hello I am new to this site, I am 5 days post op, I had a gastric bypass on the 3rd of july. I am currently on puree stage and loads of water :(. I feel full all the time and not hungry, making myself eat was just wondering if anyone felt anxious at this stage ? I still have lots of trapped wind so I hope that this gets a little easier :)

Hello and welcome Danielle. The more you can walk about, the quicker the trapped wind will go. You do feel bloated and full in the early days, if you don't feel like eating, make sure you keep your fluids up. Keep sipping all the time. Hang in there, things do get easier :)

Thank you :) first couple of days I felt a bit sorry for myself and my emotions were all over but today has been better, i have managed food and fluids and went for a little walk around. Just feels strange, I just keep telling myself it is early days :)

Hi Danielle and welcome x

I'm 4.5 months out and have no sense of hunger. I have to remind myself to eat.

I wasn't anxious but I was staying at a friends house and finding that hard going so was more agitated at the thought of how to say I wanted to go home - nothing against them, but we all do things differently and I wanted my own bed.

I hope the trapped wind goes soon x

wow your weight loss is amazing welldone :) I feel better today, I think it was the build up of my op then you have it and its a whole new experience and maybe fear that I am going to do something wrong or that il become ill, just silly anxiety. I spoke to the nurse and she said this was normal for some people so im just going to go with the flow. It is nice to hear from people further on that are doing so well x

Actually, you saying that did remind me that I did go through an 'anti-climax' stage. After all that build up and suddenly the target you're aiming for has gone and you're left feeling a bit lost as the sense of expectation is still there but you've nothing to focus it on!

Hello, welcome to the site and congratulations with the bypass! :)

I'm new on here too and its a great place with wonderful people! Your at a much advance stage than me, I'm still at the nervous, curious stage!

Good luck with everything!

John

Thanks for the welcome :) linc lass :) ahh yes the build up then bam its here and I am now 6 days post op. Actually today has been a much better day thanks, breakfast and lunch and trying to fit I all my fluid. I am still not sure if I get hungry, its all new to me as I am always blumming starving :) or used to be anyway. John :) have u decided on the type of treatment u want ? I had mixed all the way through I new the band wasn't right for me because I needed the restriction but I thought about the sleeve but then I saw a lady that I had been to a diet group with and stalked her in primark because I couldn't actually get over the sheer fact of how different she looked, infact it was my mam that said who she was or I wouldn't have recognised her, poor girl must have thought I was a weirdo haha shy kids and all that :D and she said she was a 18 mths post gastric bypass and she lost 13 stone in her 6 months. My jaw hit the floor, good luck with your decision making ;)

Hi Danielle and welcome. I was bypassed on the 4th so were more or less neck and neck.

I don't feel hungry at all either but I'm on fluids only for a fortnight before I start purée.

I can relate to the anxious feeling. I'm constantly wandering if pain is my wounds or my pouch. I'm finding it very alien just now but all that is overcome by my want and desire to get crackin'.

Touch wood I was rid of gas pain in a few days but still quite a bit of pain from my biggest incision.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks for the welcome :) linc lass :) ahh yes the build up then bam its here and I am now 6 days post op. Actually today has been a much better day thanks, breakfast and lunch and trying to fit I all my fluid. I am still not sure if I get hungry, its all new to me as I am always blumming starving :) or used to be anyway. John :) have u decided on the type of treatment u want ? I had mixed all the way through I new the band wasn't right for me because I needed the restriction but I thought about the sleeve but then I saw a lady that I had been to a diet group with and stalked her in primark because I couldn't actually get over the sheer fact of how different she looked, infact it was my mam that said who she was or I wouldn't have recognised her, poor girl must have thought I was a weirdo haha shy kids and all that :D and she said she was a 18 mths post gastric bypass and she lost 13 stone in her 6 months. My jaw hit the floor, good luck with your decision making ;)

Hi Danielle,

I would love to have the courage and bravery to have the sleeve but really worried of any future leaks, ect.

I am a bag of nerves with the thought of a band so anything more invasive would probably be a none starter for me! lol - I just wish I had the "bottle" to go ahead with the sleeve or bypass.

The worst part for me is the anesthetic: I have never been put to sleep before, ever, and I have a phobia that I may have a reaction and never wake up!!! (ridiculous and pathetic i know!!)

Keep up your excellent work :)

John x

@FatboySlimin yeh pretty much neck and neck, I am feeling better in regards to the gas Thank God !!! still not very hungry :) its so strange how different hospitals work, some are on fluids for 2 weeks and others are on for 2 days then puree. Just trying to come up with new ideas to puree as it isn't the most pleasant looking food :D u will indeed find this out, however I will say it does taste the same as regular food and u can kid urself ur having a nice roast. The nice thing is we will be able to eventually just a lot smaller than what I am used to. I have good days and bad with the anxious feeling but we will get there am sure :D
101 kg at start 91 kg op day, not going to weigh myself until my 6 week check at the hospital.

Goodluck with ur journey :D

@ John yeh I totally get the scared feeling, to be honest I didn't feel fear, I didn't feel excitement, I felt ready to change. I started my journey 2 years ago at a weight management programme, I have been on some diet since I was 9 yrs old I am 31 now and knew it was time to change, I ended up with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes so that all out weighed my fear of having it done.
Goodluck with your decisions take ur time and really think about what you want and u will get there :)

Back