• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Singlemum

Hi I'm new to the forum as you can tell by the title of the thread lol) I am in Portsmouth uk... I am with bodymorph here at the moment and being referred for surgery, I am now trying to get as much info as I can about all the different types of surgery...I have four children and 6 grandchildren... I used to be very active , walking every where...I gained weight over the years, I am now at a point that I struggle to walk far,, washing and getting up the stairs can be like climbing a mountain.. I have an interactive thyroid, fibromyalgia ,sleep apnoea and I'm morbidly obese... I don't know where to start with questions and mind blank right now so any info good or bad is very welcome... I feel that a band wild be better for me but not sure on everything as I'm not sure even if surgery is the right way to go if I'm even accepted... I hope all this sounds familiar to some people and understandable.. Hi to you all and thank you for taking the time to read :D xx

hi there single i would say research all options very thoroughly and then write down any questions you wish to ask there are a lot of people on here who have been in your position and you will get a lot of fantastic support on here so do some research and also keep an open mind as what you choose might not be viable for some reason but feel free to ask questions and someone will be happy to answer

Hello and welcome I'm sure you be able to find all the info you require :)

Thank you for the welcome. :) I'm surfing as we speak to get more information, Is the surgery what you choose or the surgeon choose that he/she felt right for you? Were you happy with your choosier/their choice ...? Do they go through all aspects of the surgery with you? x

Hi Singlemum. As others have said, look carefully at all the options and think about what is going to be best for you and the lifestyle you want or need to have.

Personally, I went to my consultant to talk about a band but ended up plumping for a bypass as I felt it would better suit the lifestyle I was aiming for. There is no doubt that if you work with a band, sleeve or bypass you will see results but with everything one size does not fit all!

You will find lots of support and insightful info on here from people who have had bands, sleeves and bypasses, I've found this site and its members invaluable! :)

Good luck to you !

i went to surgeon with bypass/sleeve in mind and he was happy at that i will bypass unless not enough liver shrinkage then i will sleeve

Hi Singlemum, im in portsmouth too and have recently finished at Bodymorph and have an appt with the surgeon on 4th April. Hope it all goes well for you, whatever you decide to do.

Thank you everyone.. HI Incasmum Good to find a fellow person who has bee to bodymorph and in Portsmouth... How did you find bodymorph program? Im coming to the end now and speaking with group next week, so jotted down a few questions to ask .. :)

Hi I'm new to the forum as you can tell by the title of the thread lol) I am in Portsmouth uk... I am with bodymorph here at the moment and being referred for surgery, I am now trying to get as much info as I can about all the different types of surgery...I have four children and 6 grandchildren... I used to be very active , walking every where...I gained weight over the years, I am now at a point that I struggle to walk far,, washing and getting up the stairs can be like climbing a mountain.. I have an interactive thyroid, fibromyalgia ,sleep apnoea and I'm morbidly obese... I don't know where to start with questions and mind blank right now so any info good or bad is very welcome... I feel that a band wild be better for me but not sure on everything as I'm not sure even if surgery is the right way to go if I'm even accepted... I hope all this sounds familiar to some people and understandable.. Hi to you all and thank you for taking the time to read :D xx
hi single,welcome to a great site,so many helpful poeple on here.i to have an under active thyroid,fibromyalgia and I'm morbidly obese have diabetes and spondylitis my surgeon reccommended the bypass for me and I had it 6 days ago. When I started my journey I was thinking of the band but went with my surgeons decision glad I did now.has everyone said do as much research as you can ask many questions it's a friendly bunch on here and always someone willing to help.good luck with your journey.Deb.x

Hi i am to in portsmouth, and did the body morph a couple of years ago and lost 10lbs i think. i went back to my gp and asked to be refered to talk to the surgeons but he said he couldn't do that straight away, i am seeing the bariatric physician on the 8th april down at the body morph offices,

i want to be refered to the surgeons but have to go through the process.

I would say look into the options for surgery as much as you can which is what i am doing at the moment, i want to try and catch the bariatric surgeons at work to ask them some questions but keep on missing them, (I work in the local hospital operating theatre)

I found bodymorph very good and managed to lose 3.5 stone during the 12 weeks with them. I have carried on since and have now lost 5 stone in total. During the initial 12 weeks at bodymorph I saw the bariatric physician and she agreed that surgery would be good for me and she wrote to my gp saying so. At the end of the 12 weeks my gp made the referral to the surgeons and I have my appt with them this Friday.
After the initial 12 weeks at Bodymorph, if you are going down the surgery route, you then need to attend 3 of the surgery preparation groups, held monthly by bodymorph. Im at the stage where ive done the 12 weeks and been to 2 out of 3 monthly sessions. It feels like your getting nowhere at times, but im hoping to be added to the list on Friday. Where are you up to with it now?

I to found body morph good at the time but when it came to the end of the 24weeks they said they were starting up support type thing on the net but never recieved any info from them, they did say that there was a group that met reguarly for people who had completed the programme but due to my work shifts couldnt make it.

They were fab when I was with them and they didnt mind if you shed a few tears aswell of which i did a few times

Back