• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bare with me will I figure out these boards
Welcome :) It does take a while to get your head around all that is on here. I found starting a diary in pre-ops is the way to go, watch your alerts and interact with others through new posts. That way you should be able to get support and offer it too to others without becoming overwhelmed!

Reading other people's diaries, and the monthly surgeries will also give you lots of info and may answer some of the questions you have.

It does help others to engage with you if you give details in your profile of things like whether you are taking the NHS route and when you know what type of surgery you are considering. Also in your posts what part of the country you are as NHS different hospitals do things differently and it is helpful to find others at the same hospital.

Hi and welcome. I'm WAY at the start, my GP just recently sent off my referral and I'm waiting to hear something from the hospital x

Hello and welcome, I too am only 6 months into my year assessment at Luton and Dunstable, I can only reiterate what SAM55 has said, you won't regret joining this forum they really are a great bunch X

Hello and welcome :)
@SAM55 advice is spot on, I look forward to reading more from you :)

Hello and welcome, I too am only 6 months into my year assessment at Luton and Dunstable, I can only reiterate what SAM55 has said, you won't regret joining this forum they really are a great bunch X
hi I am a new too I'm with luton and dunstable hospital and I'm on the milk diet at the moment had my first appointment with dietitian on the 16th and he said 12 months tier 3 I have appointment with the obesity nurse on 14th Feb and anethatist on the 27th could you tell me your journey so far please so I know what to expect

hi I just read your post I'm new too just starting my 12 months what has your six months been like please I'm also at Luton and dunstable hospital would love to your story to date

Hi Sandra, sorry I've not checked in for a couple of days, firstly welcome, this forum has been my lifeline, the past 6 months has not been too bad really, just focus on the end result, you have done really well to get an appointment with the anaesthetist so soon, I've only ever seen the dietician in the 6 months but I'm due to see the doctor in March ! My diary is called "the long journey to be half the women I am" I have put a couple of milk tips on there such as milk jelly and chicken oxo in hot milk Mmmmmm. I lost 8kg on it and didn't cheat at all, others have lost more and some less, how are you getting on with it ? The reason they do it this early in the journey is to 1: prove commitment 2: to show you can cope with a high protein diet 3: to help you lose 5% of your body weight which you have to lose at some point to continue with wls, once you've lost 5% they don't expect you to lose more but you must maintain, I have lost more for my own satisfaction although as hard as it is, the losing is easy ..... it's the keeping it off that is difficult which is why we are in this situation, have a read of my diary, ask anything you like, there are some very knowledgeable people on here so someone will usually have an answer. Keep up the good work and keep focused Xx

Hi Sandra, sorry I've not checked in for a couple of days, firstly welcome, this forum has been my lifeline, the past 6 months has not been too bad really, just focus on the end result, you have done really well to get an appointment with the anaesthetist so soon, I've only ever seen the dietician in the 6 months but I'm due to see the doctor in March ! My diary is called "the long journey to be half the women I am" I have put a couple of milk tips on there such as milk jelly and chicken oxo in hot milk Mmmmmm. I lost 8kg on it and didn't cheat at all, others have lost more and some less, how are you getting on with it ? The reason they do it this early in the journey is to 1: prove commitment 2: to show you can cope with a high protein diet 3: to help you lose 5% of your body weight which you have to lose at some point to continue with wls, once you've lost 5% they don't expect you to lose more but you must maintain, I have lost more for my own satisfaction although as hard as it is, the losing is easy ..... it's the keeping it off that is difficult which is why we are in this situation, have a read of my diary, ask anything you like, there are some very knowledgeable people on here so someone will usually have an answer. Keep up the good work and keep focused Xx
thankyou for the support I think I'm seeing the anethatist early because of the copd it seems so long 12 months I am doing OK on the milk diet now in the morning I have a low fat youghat a my milk lunch I have bovril I hour later have my milk 3 pm I have sugar free jelly 6 pm have youghat and milk 9 pm have milk with crush a no sugar I'm also taking multivitamin hope I am doing it right and I'll do that till the 14th Feb my copd is mild but I do smoke which they won't like but that's why I put on this weight in the first place because I gave up smoking for two years I was asking for help but no one was listening they help you to give up smoking but not with the weight then ended up with diabetes sleep apnea and copd I am only 4ft 11 and now weigh 15 stone 6 43 bmi I should be 7 stone 15lb what about the obesity nurse what is her role
d

thankyou for the support I think I'm seeing the anethatist early because of the copd it seems so long 12 months I am doing OK on the milk diet now in the morning I have a low fat youghat a my milk lunch I have bovril I hour later have my milk 3 pm I have sugar free jelly 6 pm have youghat and milk 9 pm have milk with crush a no sugar I'm also taking multivitamin hope I am doing it right and I'll do that till the 14th Feb my copd is mild but I do smoke which they won't like but that's why I put on this weight in the first place because I gave up smoking for two years I was asking for help but no one was listening they help you to give up smoking but not with the weight then ended up with diabetes sleep apnea and copd I am only 4ft 11 and now weigh 15 stone 6 43 bmi I should be 7 stone 15lb what about the obesity nurse what is her role
d

Sound like your doing really well and that makes sense about the anaesthetist, I wasn't allowed any youghurts at all, only milk, 4 pints a day, 2 oxo/bovril, 2sugar free chewing gum, 1 sugar free jelly sachet and 1 vitamin, I also used sugar free crusha, it was a godsend to me as I have never ever been able to drink milk straight from the carton, I also have diabetes and had cut down to 2 cigarettes a day with the help of an ecigg but at the moment I have been smoking again which is another thing I need to get to grips with as it's affecting my cycling, I thought that if you had a BMI of over 40 you only needed to be assessed for 6 months at L and D ? I haven't seen the obesity nurse only ever the dietician so I'm sorry I can't answer what her role is but I'm sure someone will know, Keep up the good work and look forward to following your progress

Sound like your doing really well and that makes sense about the anaesthetist, I wasn't allowed any youghurts at all, only milk, 4 pints a day, 2 oxo/bovril, 2sugar free chewing gum, 1 sugar free jelly sachet and 1 vitamin, I also used sugar free crusha, it was a godsend to me as I have never ever been able to drink milk straight from the carton, I also have diabetes and had cut down to 2 cigarettes a day with the help of an ecigg but at the moment I have been smoking again which is another thing I need to get to grips with as it's affecting my cycling, I thought that if you had a BMI of over 40 you only needed to be assessed for 6 months at L and D ? I haven't seen the obesity nurse only ever the dietician so I'm sorry I can't answer what her role is but I'm sure someone will know, Keep up the good work and look forward to following your progress
do you think I should cut out the yougets then they didn't give me any instructions so I had to research what people were doing why couldn't you have them did they say

Sandra didn't they give you a sheet with it all written on ? If they didn't then you really should contact the team asap as they should have given you that AND talked you through it as the amount of milk also depends on your body weight, please contact them as yogurts were not an option for me x

Sandra didn't they give you a sheet with it all written on ? If they didn't then you really should contact the team asap as they should have given you that AND talked you through it as the amount of milk also depends on your body weight, please contact them as yogurts were not an option for me x
ok I will give them a ring tomorrow tom my dietician only gave my booklets types of surgeries on offer and the form you sign agreeing to everything and then I had bloods taken a former I had to give to reception about seeing anthetist and comming back in 4weeks

How did you get on Sandra ? Interestingly I have not yet received any information from L and D regarding types of surgeries on offer, it's odd isn't it, I do think it's unacceptable to tell you to go onto the milk diet without giving you any information on what to do

How did you get on Sandra ? Interestingly I have not yet received any information from L and D regarding types of surgeries on offer, it's odd isn't it, I do think it's unacceptable to tell you to go onto the milk diet without giving you any information on what to do
I rang them this morning and they are sending me the diet sheet I have left the yougets out today the anethatist I am seeing is Dr lang did you see her

I haven't seen one yet only dietitian as I'm only 6 months into my year

Back