• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello another newbie!

becgow

Just a quick one to say hello to everyone! I'm under Mr Small @Sunderland and after being sent to M.E. psych and okayed by him I was awaiting another appt with Mr Small which I got.appt for January! Just had a a letter canx that appt and.a new one made for today!! So not sure what is going to be said or done today? It seems like forever since I first went to the first group consult which I think was back early 2010. Hope I her somewhere today :×:whacky068:

hey bec :) welcome to the site and wishing you all the very best with your appt today woop!!

Hi Bec I am also with SRH and live in Darlo - Good luck today and with your journey This site is VERY VERY helpful and supportive

welcome.

:sign0144:
hi and:welcome2: to the site good luck for your appointment, you will find all the advice and support you need off the kind genuion people who also use this site look forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Welcome Bec. They are all lovely on here, and are there for you whether you are having a cr*p day or a brill day.

Welcome.....hope all went well with your appointment today....don't leave us in suspenders....let us know how you got on :):)

Hi all! Thanks so much for the support and encouragement wow! So glad I joined now.
Well!, didn't see Mr small saw another consultant who was very nice. He wants me to have the sleeve due to my other health issues but I suffer from reflux so not sure now maybe a bypass which I'd prefer over the two. I don't eat large amounts so restricting the amount I can eat won't be beneficial to me which I told him but he wants me to have an endoscopy and assures methat thus is the last thing before putting me on the list for some kind if surgery - thank god! He reckons ill be done n dusted by mid next year. So I suppose not too long, but I do feel IV moved a step nearer today. Anyone had the endoscopy at srh? So they sedate cos I'm very nervous? Anyone been in same position at srh and how long did you wait? Aaaarrrggghhhh! Lol

Hi and welcome :)

I had my surgery at srh, I decided to have both sedation and spray when I had my endoscopy ( meant I had to have 24 hrs no driving etc) but I found that better for me. Didn't think it was that bad. They told me there and then everything was ok and I would be put forward for op, waiting time 6 mths. That was June, so prepared myself for dec op. I got a phone call in September from consultants secretary with a date, so I had my bypass in October (2months) earlier than I thought.
I hope something similar happens for you!!! :). :)

Back