• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie!!

Pamie46

Hi All,
I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am self funding surgery but can only afford a gastric band in the U.K. although the surgeon did say I would see better results with a gastric sleeve. So I have reasearched online and have been corresponding with Bart from Belgium surgery services. The cost for a gastric sleeve is €6500 in Belgium as opposed to £11000 in the U.K. My question to everyone who has experienced bariatric surgery in Belgium would you recommend it and how safe is it. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I had my surgery with Dr Chris in 2015. I opted for the RNY Bypass. I have had no problems since surgery. I found both Bart and Frederik to be very helpful and efficient and always happy to answer questions. Surgery takes place in a general hospital that has A&E and ICU facilities

HTH
Lynn x

Hi Lynn thanks so much it's good to hear I have just completed the pre health questionnaire and Bart is sending this to Dr Chris B. Hopefully I will be accepted. Bart has indicated that there are dates available for surgery at the end of September so fingers crossed.

Good luck with whichever you choose and welcome x

Back