• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Jay, Its band all the way for me. I asked to be refered for band and when I saw consultant he asked if I wanted bypass. I'm really not brave enough for bypass as I feel its more invasive. Everyone is different though and what works for one may not be right for another and its down to personal choices (and bravery lol).

Hi Jay, firstly hello and welcome to minimins. I had my bypass 8wks ago and it is the best thing that I have done in years. Go for it chuck., good luck with whatever you finally decide on.

Hi cakeybun yes I am on facebook and would love to meet with you this week
I have transport and Hitchin would be brilliant much easier to park than St. Albans
Is it my name you need to request friendship on facebook? dont use it much
Let me know

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Gaynor I know what you mean that is what is putting me off the fact it is more invasive, although I have had several ops in the past it is a big decision lol
But will keep chewing it over if you will forgive the pun lol
Thanks for your support

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Allie thanks for the welcome and the encouragement REad your blog and could really feel for you those pre op days it must be hard
I am glad you are doing well and happy about it Do you find it difficult not being able to have sweet things or savoury treats or are you like some of the others and going off that kind of food

Love n hugs Jay xx

Hi Jay,

If you want to ask any questions about the bypass just shout, am on FB and don't mind phones/emails.

Shel x

Shel I would love to do that Do you work in the week? I can phone you during the day if not as I have a contract with the phone so can call anywhere in the country during the day which is great
How do I contact you on FB?

I should be able to email you through here, will try now.

sent you a facebook message...just to let you know my Gastric band is a secret as I havnt told most of my family....I dont get on with my mum and dont have much in the way of a suportive family other than my hubby and daughter....as most of my family are on my facebook I dont ever mention it on theree otrher than to say Im on a diet:rolleyes:

Thanks for help me keep it a secret xxx

Hi Allie thanks for the welcome and the encouragement REad your blog and could really feel for you those pre op days it must be hard
I am glad you are doing well and happy about it Do you find it difficult not being able to have sweet things or savoury treats or are you like some of the others and going off that kind of food

Love n hugs Jay xx
Hiya Jay, I used to be a right chocaholic lol, I don't even crave it at all now. I can't even drink sugar free squash as it is too sweet. The Bypass changes your taste. I do still indulge in the odd bag of wotsits, they are my favorites lol. However I have lost 3 stone since February and feel that the Bypass was definately the best thing that I have done with my life in a long time. I also went to my consultation with the band in mind, but I think due to the way my diet was, which was junk junk and more junk and lots of chocolate. I was advised to have the Bypass instead of the band. I think I would have cheated big time with the band and abused it, not embraced it.
It is a big dicision to make, as you have to take in to account your eating habits now and have you got enough willpower to work with the band not against it? Good luck I'm sure with the advice from your consultant you will make the right choice, to suit your needs chuck. x

You have done brilliantly Allie am so pleased for you know what it would mean to me to lose that much so chuffed for you
It is amazing you dont have such a sweet tooth now that would certainly make life easier I dont know about the willpower I have willpower in waves lol and if I could still eat cake and savouries maybe I would continue to thinking that less would be okay I am not a huge choc eater but I do love a piece of sponge cake and a few packet of crisps a week oh and nuts.............see it just goes on and on lol
Thanks for your support and help much appreciated

Love n hugs Jay xx

Back