• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newby

Ricci

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I was initially going to have a sleeve but after much thought, research and discussion with the surgical team, it was decided I'd have the bybass.
My name is Ricci, I'm a 39 year old mum of a 15 year old daughter. I live with my daughter, my partner of 4 Years and an array of fur babies In the Lake District, north west England

At just 5', I was 18st 1lb, after 2 years seeing the team at Aintree, I had kept a stone off, lost a stone during 2 week pre op diet and am another half stone off since my op 2 weeks ago.

I just need to ask how anyone else has got on at this stage. My biggest issue at the moment is my mood. I am having terrible moods, particularly with my partner.

He wasn't being very supportive but since a humdinger of a row, he is much better. But he is struggling with my temper. Not long after we have had words, I can see I'm being out of order, even though the initial point is correct. I just want to know if this is normal or not. I do love him to bits but would really like to kill him too! Lol

Many thanks for taking the time to read this xx

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. I was initially going to have a sleeve but after much thought, research and discussion with the surgical team, it was decided I'd have the bybass.
My name is Ricci, I'm a 39 year old mum of a 15 year old daughter. I live with my daughter, my partner of 4 Years and an array of fur babies In the Lake District, north west England

At just 5', I was 18st 1lb, after 2 years seeing the team at Aintree, I had kept a stone off, lost a stone during 2 week pre op diet and am another half stone off since my op 2 weeks ago.

I just need to ask how anyone else has got on at this stage. My biggest issue at the moment is my mood. I am having terrible moods, particularly with my partner.

He wasn't being very supportive but since a humdinger of a row, he is much better. But he is struggling with my temper. Not long after we have had words, I can see I'm being out of order, even though the initial point is correct. I just want to know if this is normal or not. I do love him to bits but would really like to kill him too! Lol

Many thanks for taking the time to read this xx
Welcome to the forum and well done on your loss.

I was incredibly bad tempered after my op, and am still grumpy. We have gone through a major life experience which is more than just having bits of our body removed, and our heads need to time to adjust, plus the lack of nutrition immediately pre and post op doesn't help. Our emotions are bound to be all over the place... You don't say what he isn't being supportive about. Is it the practical things that need doing because you can't do them and maybe he is used to you just doing them/expects you to do them, or is it more fundamental about not being supportive in you having the surgery? If the latter are you able to to ask him what it is he is worried about?

Are you getting any psychological support to help with adjusting to the new you and all the changes that are happening?

Back