• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly post op..and the weighing scales not moving for you?

emma-louise

my new life!!
I was thinking this morning I've noticed quite a lot of newbies worrying about the weight not coming off fast enough or the weighing scales not moving.
And the dreaded thought after you've had major weightloss surgery "this isn't going to work for me"....
I had nightmares for weeks after my bypass,thinking my bypass was going to fail.
And I had this thought even though I had a top notch doctor dr ammori to thank for my bypass!

Well 4 years ago I was a size 24/26...now I'm a 12/14..and 10 in a dress...
But what I wanted to say was..try your best to stay away from those damn scales!..they will ruin you.
So many people get upset when the scales aren't moving,but I guarantee those times when you think the scales should have moved down.
You'll find you've lost inches from yourself..I promise.
Your clothes are a much better way of measuring your weightloss rather than the scales.

And remember it took us years to pile the weight on...be patient.
If your weight drops off nice and steady your skin will cope sooo much better for it.
I've been very lucky with loose skin,I've just got a little bit on the thigh area but my tummy is rather jellyish due to babies too!
My weightloss was rather slow,and it was hard at times reading how everyone else's seemed to be dropping off...but I got there.
Just try not to compare,follow the rules,stay away from the scales...you'll be a winner!
Good luck everyone x

Very true Emma. Comes off in leaps and bounds and no 2 people are the same. I started at size 32-34 and got down to an 18 but now plateaud at 20. It was my 3 year oppiversary yesterday. I only walk now for exercise but I used to love the gym and other activities but my knee hurts when it twists and at the moment I have a bad arm which I have done some muscle damage in. Trying not to lift or turn anything with it. The scales are a nightmare do stay away people even if you just weigh once a month. But clothes are defo the best indicator. You can drop dresssizes in a week easily especially ion those 1st 6 months. xxx Hows ya tummy doing Emma, mine is ok at the mo, but now when I feel it starting reach straight for my buscopan the old trusted friend juyst got a new batch off the doc to keep my supply in, carry them in any bag I go out with now just in case lol x

Thank you both for this good advice, I have kept away from the scales, in fact they are in the loft where I can't get them. It has been very tempting to ask hubby to get them down - especially when I see other Julyers posting such big weight losses - but then I remember that it is a not a competition lol xx

Well done to you all. Yes we are all different, but you get there in the end.

I am no where near the operation stage at the moment, but everyone on the looses bench are a inspiration to us newbies.

Very true Emma. Comes off in leaps and bounds and no 2 people are the same. I started at size 32-34 and got down to an 18 but now plateaud at 20. It was my 3 year oppiversary yesterday. I only walk now for exercise but I used to love the gym and other activities but my knee hurts when it twists and at the moment I have a bad arm which I have done some muscle damage in. Trying not to lift or turn anything with it. The scales are a nightmare do stay away people even if you just weigh once a month. But clothes are defo the best indicator. You can drop dresssizes in a week easily especially ion those 1st 6 months. xxx Hows ya tummy doing Emma, mine is ok at the mo, but now when I feel it starting reach straight for my buscopan the old trusted friend juyst got a new batch off the doc to keep my supply in, carry them in any bag I go out with now just in case lol x

Lol...I carry buscopan everywhere and my tummy medicine..
I have noticed if I slip with taking the lanzaropsole I notice the pains starting.
You sound in the wars at the minute Chrisa!..take it easy.
And I wanted to say you look a lot smaller than size 20 in your pictures...you've done so well for yourself x

Great thread, its a marathon not a sprint we are in it for the long haul, I thought they bypass wouldn't work for me, well here I am over 9st down and not quite 9 months out :) Good luck to all xx

I was thinking this morning I've noticed quite a lot of newbies worrying about the weight not coming off fast enough or the weighing scales not moving.
And the dreaded thought after you've had major weightloss surgery "this isn't going to work for me"....
I had nightmares for weeks after my bypass,thinking my bypass was going to fail.
And I had this thought even though I had a top notch doctor dr ammori to thank for my bypass!

Well 4 years ago I was a size 24/26...now I'm a 12/14..and 10 in a dress...
But what I wanted to say was..try your best to stay away from those damn scales!..they will ruin you.
So many people get upset when the scales aren't moving,but I guarantee those times when you think the scales should have moved down.
You'll find you've lost inches from yourself..I promise.
Your clothes are a much better way of measuring your weightloss rather than the scales.

And remember it took us years to pile the weight on...be patient.
If your weight drops off nice and steady your skin will cope sooo much better for it.
I've been very lucky with loose skin,I've just got a little bit on the thigh area but my tummy is rather jellyish due to babies too!
My weightloss was rather slow,and it was hard at times reading how everyone else's seemed to be dropping off...but I got there.
Just try not to compare,follow the rules,stay away from the scales...you'll be a winner!
Good luck everyone x

Very inspiring to read your post.....I feel inspired too... My weigh loss has been so slow....but reading that yours was and now you have done so well....has given me hope... Thanks for posting such lovley words...x

Very inspiring to read your post.....I feel inspired too... My weigh loss has been so slow....but reading that yours was and now you have done so well....has given me hope... Thanks for posting such lovley words...x
l

Your welcome...i think we are all in a big rush to get the weight off,and when it doesn't happen that way it's upsetting.
I got there...you will too x

That's a great piece of advice I've only just begun my LSD today and I did weigh myself but I don't intend jumping on and off the scales too many years of weekly weigh in's at fat club I know how depressing it can get I hope I will see weight loss by the way my clothes feel and get weighed at my appointments.

That's a great piece of advice I've only just begun my LSD today and I did weigh myself but I don't intend jumping on and off the scales too many years of weekly weigh in's at fat club I know how depressing it can get I hope I will see weight loss by the way my clothes feel and get weighed at my appointments.

When I did my liver shrink,I thought I'd lost hardly any weight at all and was dreading being weighed the morning of my op.
To my surprise I'd lost 1 stone 2 lbs on the hospital scales..but I was on a 4 week liver diet.
As they say it's not about loosing weight it's to shrink the liver...but you still worry,you'll be fine as long as stick to the rules x

Back