• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weekly weighing

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
I'm spending a bit of time at the moment facing some of my demons about food and weight, so I hope you'll put up with my posting about them here.

Hmmm. Our bathroom is out of commission this week as we are having a complete refurbishment. This means that the place I usually put the scales is not accessible.

I'm 13 months post op and I still weigh myself once a week.

I know many people advocate throwing away the scales after weight loss surgery, but avoiding the scales is part of the reason I got into the state of denial about my weight, leading to reaching 23 stones plus.

So, I weigh myself once a week, on Thursdays or Fridays. I don't think I'm obsessive about it, or if I am, it's healthier than it was. When I first faced my fear to step onto the scales pre-op and in the early post-op days I would weigh myself daily. (Actually, sometimes more than once daily, while I'm being really honest!)

Today I dug out the scales and brought them down stairs to the only other hard floor in the house: the kitchen/dining room. The results are wildly different from last week's. I've either lost 3lbs or the floor is having a very different effect. I suspect the latter.

I'm going to have to wait until next week, until we have the bathroom floor replaced to go back to my regular weighing venue. I know I could go to Boots, but my routine is still to get weighed naked, first thing in the morning and I'm not sure my local branch would be very accommodating on that front!

Last edited:
Hi Gill. This is always difficult. I know what you mean about the denial thing. I wonder if my not wanting to weigh myself is what is really going on with me. I guess it is down to what makes you feel more comfortable and secure. You are at target so I can understand the need to monitor things as you start to maintain. Weighing once a week is not too bad. Perhaps as you get further out you can extend the period until you get to say once a month?

Have you thought about some counselling to deal with the issues you have?

Best wishes

tranquil x

hi gill ,am the same if i dont put the scales in the same place i gain 2k,honest its true i have patternd lino in the kitchen and i have a spot i allways place my scales,146.9k there but if i move them just inches am 148.6k.i only use my scales as a guide as am not 4 weeks post opp yet

Same here!
A corner of the laminate floor just under the cooker, every Tuesday morning get up, use the toilet and run down stairs naked (peep first to make sure the blind is shut :rolleyes:) :D

I also make a note of my weight in a book have done this since the start of my pre-op diet.

I want to make sure that the weight I have lost doesn't creep up on me. Its easier to lose 7lb than 7 stone

Yeah I have the outline of the wii board marked out in sellotape on the carpet under the lounge rug so I know for certain that there's not going to be too much variance!
Also has to be around the same time of morning on a Saturday, after a tiddle and only wearing my knickers...definately out of the question to weigh in Boots for me too! xx
Good luck Gill x

Back