• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next Appointment

Jacwat

Hi everyone
I have my second appointment at Sunderland this afternoon and I am really worried that they will say I have not lost enough weight. I have lost my target, but had lost this at my first appointment but have not lost much since this. Has anyone been turned down at this stage? I will be so pleased when my operation is over!
Jackie x

Good luck... It would be mean if they make you loose more when you have lost what they asked you to do... Got everything crossed for you xx

Hi everyone I have my second appointment at Sunderland this afternoon and I am really worried that they will say I have not lost enough weight. I have lost my target, but had lost this at my first appointment but have not lost much since this. Has anyone been turned down at this stage? I will be so pleased when my operation is over! Jackie x

Don't worry, once you've made target as long as you maintain you should be fine, I didn't always lose great amounts between appointments. I totally understand how you feel though, I always used to stress about appointments and thought at any point they were going to tell me I couldn't have it.

You'll be fine :)

And btw, what times your appointment? I'm there this afternoon at 4.20 for my first post op check :)

Don't worry, once you've made target as long as you maintain you should be fine, I didn't always lose great amounts between appointments. I totally understand how you feel though, I always used to stress about appointments and thought at any point they were going to tell me I couldn't have it.

You'll be fine :)

And btw, what times your appointment? I'm there this afternoon at 4.20 for my first post op check :)
Thanks Suzie

I am there at 2! Good luck with your follow up. How are you doing? I wish
it had of been this morning so I was weighed early! Let me know how you get on. X

Well I have to say I am disappointed! I thought this appointment was with the Consultant but turns out that it was just with the Nurse. I had met my weight loss target at the last appt and was told to try and lose more but at least maintain. Anyway, I am to be discussed by MDT in next 2 weeks and then will be sent a further appointment to see surgeon. Gutted that it is now going to take at least 6 weeks longer
:sigh::cry::sigh::cry::sigh::cry::sigh::cry::sigh:

What a pain!! Wonder why you've seen the nurse again!!
Perhaps you could ring them after the mdt for an appointment to speed things up. Or when you get to endoscopy stage ring them for a cancellation, I've seen a few people say they've done that and saved a few weeks.
I know it's a pain but keep your chin up hun, you will get there eventually x

What a pain!! Wonder why you've seen the nurse again!!
Perhaps you could ring them after the mdt for an appointment to speed things up. Or when you get to endoscopy stage ring them for a cancellation, I've seen a few people say they've done that and saved a few weeks.
I know it's a pain but keep your chin up hun, you will get there eventually x

Thanks Suzie, I know I am impatient but I have to say I don't like the nurse I seen either so I just feel so disappointed. Never mind, its only another 6 weeks on top of what I thought. x

Aww Jackie how frustrating. The nurse at the first visit I saw was OK but the I didn't like the letter she sent to my gp

Aww Jackie how frustrating. The nurse at the first visit I saw was OK but the I didn't like the letter she sent to my gp

I know what you mean Carol, I had to read my letter a couple of times. Not sure where the confusion came from but never mind, I am looking at a timeframe of about 12 weeks now. Good luck with your appointment Carol.

Thanks Jackie. Did you find that the nurse didn't listen properly to what you said? She asked me if I had back or joint pain caused by arthritis. I said I hadn't been diagnosed with arthritis but I do have chronic back and hip pain Just dont goto the GP about it. So she wrote that I dont have any pain at all and I can climb several flights if stairs without rest. If I could do that I wouldn't be the weight that I am x

Back