• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS banding do you really have to stay overnight ?

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I was just wondering if you really had to stay overnight I have to be in at 7am Salford Royal I hope I am going to theatre early and would love to go home the same day, Has anyone ever heard of someone going home the same day or do you have to stay over.
Just dont like hospitals you cant sleep and I will miss my kids soo much.
Thanks
x

also as i have to be there at 7am do you think it is likely that I will go down early or does everyone have to be there at 7am.

I have read about patients going home the same day but not sure if it was private or nhs, and i think everyone comes in for early morning as they have to do checks to make sure ur fit for surgery, maybe if u call them they can answer ur questions and tell u what place i will be on the list xxx

Last edited:
I'm going in the day before my op but am attending Gartnavel in Glasgow. Lets face it - am not gonna sleep anyways lol...

omg the night before too, they wont have to give you any aneasthetic you will be shattered and fall asleep lol x
what date to you go ?

In on the 8th of Feb op on the 9th...dunno when i will get out though - have my pre op on the 15th of Jan...compiling a huge list of questions for then:D

Hi

I think it will depend on how you recover, I wouldnt of wanted to go home even if they had let me. I slept really well in the afternoon and all night, I obviously needed it.

Im sure I have read of some coming home the same day, Cazbandy may have been one (could be wrong though).

Maz x

No not wrong ;)

yep, I had to be at hospital by 8am, my op was done at 11.35am, was back on recovery by 1pm, then back to main ward at 2pm, was up and dressed by 4.30pm and had to wait until 7.00pm before they could discharge me. I was home by 8pm that evening, sore but ok.

I was glad to be home, in my own surroundings and my own bed.

It truly does depend on the way you recover, I had 100percent stats after the op and bounced back really fast from the anaesthetic.

I have only had to stay in hospital 3 times and each time after having a baby and the next day I have been showered and dressed for 7am and waiting to go home. I just like to be home.
But hey if i have to stay so be it
x

Just spoken to my lovelly lady at the bariatric team who said im not staying over as i'm a day case, but she said it depends on possiable complications like diabetes, size ect.
I on the other hand have the honour of being first on the list and going home when i have had a wee im told :)
so should be in surgery by 9am wednesday morning.....

I came home on the same day, but I went private. I think the reason I was allowed home was because i'd been walking around, had a wee and didnt feel woozy or sick. I think it depends on your surgeon and nurses x

I was just wondering if you really had to stay overnight I have to be in at 7am Salford Royal I hope I am going to theatre early and would love to go home the same day, Has anyone ever heard of someone going home the same day or do you have to stay over.
Just dont like hospitals you cant sleep and I will miss my kids soo much.
Thanks
x

also as i have to be there at 7am do you think it is likely that I will go down early or does everyone have to be there at 7am.

Howdy Doodle

I know of 2 ppl at the hosp where I am hoping to get my band done was allowed home the same day ,(one was kept in coz of high bp) but providing there are normally no complications etc they allow them home same day. all hosp varies....

All the best - MeJulie x x (.p.s all admittances here are 7am , even for other surgeries too ) x x

thanks guys I will hope, salford royal like to keep hold of you as long as possible for some reason you have to beg to go home.
x

Hi,

I came home the same day that I had my band. I was admitted at 7:15am and I was first on the list so taken to theatre at 8:15am once they'd done tests and got me changed etc.
It does depend how you come round from the anasthetic and what your vitals are like. I was sleepy for a few hours after waking up, but managed to get up and walk around, my vitals were all excellent, i'd been to the toilet etc, so when I saw the surgeon later that evening he said I could go home at 7pm.
I was a private patient though, so don't know how it works with NHS patients and whether they'd want to keep you in for observation? I'd have thought they'd let you home though if everything was ok.

X

Hi
I had my pre op today and he sister said to me, well your day case arnt you, i said oh i dont know am I she said yes you go home the same day 99 times out of 100.
here's hoping x

That is wonderful that you will be able to head home and recover in familiar surroundings.

Back