• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Unscheduled Hospital Stay

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Hello all,

Hope your OK, I haven't been around for the last few days as I was taken into hospital Thursday morning at 05:00 with severe pains in my stomach to my right hand side.

If I didn't know better I would have said I was giving birth, I have never experienced pain like it.

Anyway after a nice injection of morphine they got the pain under control and moved me to a ward, where i saw the surgeon and after he examined me, he though it might be my gallbladder.

Interestingly I have just got my mum through the same problem a few weeks ago when she was rushed into hospital.

Anyway after a ultrasound scan and a overnight stay they have told me I have no stones but my gallbladder is inflamed.

They are going to speak to l&d and see if they will take it out at the same time as they do my bypass surgery.

On a brighter note, as I wants allowed to eat anything yesterday, I have lost another Kg lol, which brings me to a total off 28.3 kg (62 lb).

Hope everybody else is well, and staying on there weight loss path.

Oooooo, gall bladder pain! That's WORSE than giving birth!

Glad you're back.

I'm glad you didn't have a baby, gosh, can you imagine that lol. The newspapers would never leave you alone.
Remember that pregnant guy?
Lynne x
PS What would you have called it?

lol, if you had a baby you would have even more weight loss and wouldnt need the op lol.
Anyway chuck, glad you are out and ok.
Lynne x

Kevin, do you still get phantom pains where your gall bladder was or where it was attached to the liver? I do, it hurts quite a bit sometimes. Especially If I havent eaten anything for hours. Now for example I haven't had time to eat since 7 last night so it is hurting me a bit at the mo.
Do you have any probs like that?
Lynne x

Kevin, do you still get phantom pains where your gall bladder was or where it was attached to the liver? I do, it hurts quite a bit sometimes. Especially If I havent eaten anything for hours. Now for example I haven't had time to eat since 7 last night so it is hurting me a bit at the mo.
Do you have any probs like that?
Lynne x

Hi Lynne

Sorry to butt in but I had this. End of last year my GP referred me for a scan and I had liver stones. Apparently people who have had their gall bladder removed are very likely to get these. (Should point out that my gall bladder was removed in 1993) x

aww hope u get bet soon. u know ur weight loss on this pre op is so so impressive!

Gald you ok, well done with the weight loss. xx

Glad to hear you are now ok and feeling better. Very impressive weight loss pre op. Go you! X

I asked the L&D if they took gall bladder out at the same time and he said no, as they only have funding for the bypass. Hopefully you will get the extra funding so they can do the two at the same time

Poor you lets hope it settles down and you dont get it again. Well done with the loss to you are doing well.

Take care
Jo
xx

sorry to hear you had probs ,i understand how bad you feel,its the worse thing i ever felt and the pain is so weird,kinda all over the place ,but hopefully they will sort your gallbladder out with your surgery,which is what im having , bypass and gallbladder removal,multiple stones,the problem i have now is hoping its not infected at the time i get my date cos they will cancel op,surgeon wont remove it while its inflamed or infected sadly but rightly so, ,so im thinking of you ,chin up x

Glad your okay, there is nothing worse than gall bladder pain and I have done 3 labours.. Gall Bladder is a nasty horrid pain.. Im hoping they take mine out when I have the wls too.

Hello all,

Hope your OK, I haven't been around for the last few days as I was taken into hospital Thursday morning at 05:00 with severe pains in my stomach to my right hand side.

If I didn't know better I would have said I was giving birth, I have never experienced pain like it.

Anyway after a nice injection of morphine they got the pain under control and moved me to a ward, where i saw the surgeon and after he examined me, he though it might be my gallbladder.

Interestingly I have just got my mum through the same problem a few weeks ago when she was rushed into hospital.

Anyway after a ultrasound scan and a overnight stay they have told me I have no stones but my gallbladder is inflamed.

They are going to speak to l&d and see if they will take it out at the same time as they do my bypass surgery.

On a brighter note, as I wants allowed to eat anything yesterday, I have lost another Kg lol, which brings me to a total off 28.3 kg (62 lb).

Hope everybody else is well, and staying on there weight loss path.

Hi mate Gallbladder pain is defo worse than giving birth.....hope your feeling much better xxx

Thanks for all your kind messages and support it means so much. I am taking it easy this weekend but will soon be up to strength again, and will be answering your posts personally.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Back