• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to site

anbill

hi my name is ann and i have just got my letter to say i have been approved for bariatric surgery at salford royal.. does anyone have any idea how long the wait is likely to be for my op.. i applied for the band but dont know what they will offer when i get there ... i have been overweight most of my life have done every kind of diet going at the moment im weighing 18st plus not my heavest which was 22st... i have been going to slimming world for nearly 12months and have lost and gained the whole time so i have managed to stay at 18st this site will be invaluable to me over the next few months so glad i found it :)

hi and welcome,
Ive no idea about your wait but someone will probably have an idea. This forum is brilliant for support, information, venting, you name it, your in great company. xx

Hi Ann , hope you enjoy posting here and that you will not have long to wait for the surgery you need , whichever one it turns out to be.
Good luck x

Hi Anne

Just wanted to hi and welcome to Mini's.

You'll find loads of support here...and lot's of friends with a common goal.

(((hugs)))

Welcome :)

xxx

Hello there and welcome to Minis. xxx

Hi and welcome x

Welcome to Minimins!

Hey! Congrats on getting the funding! It is really hard to say how long it will be for your surgery. You have to attend a one stop clinic appointment with Mr Ammori and Dr New and the dietician first and then they will decide with you there what surgery will be best for YOU! They are an amazing medical team and they will do their very best for you! When you get your appointment for that clinic they will be able to give you some idea of how long it should be. Everyone who has had the surgery there so far seems to have waited different lengths of time so we cant really comment. Bear in mind that Mr Ammori now has over 200 patients on his books so we are probably not talking weeks but a couple of months!

The hard bit is over now though as you have the funding so it is full steam ahead! Good luck and feel free to ask any questions that come to mind! Minimins has been invaluable to me and im sure you will feel the same way, everyone is so fantastic on here!!!

Hi
I am also approved for funding at Salford Royal and attended teh one stop clinic last week but was refused the band I am now considering bypass. They did not give an indication to me of waiting times but then I refused surgery as I had my heart set on a band.
Good luck xxx

Welcome to minis and congratulatins on having your funding xx

welcome to minis xxx
078.gif

hi ann n welcome to minis. i am having a bypass at salford royal and i had my first appointment with dr new in dec. last year and im hoping my date will be next month. i was originally told i would have it done about easter but dont know wat happend there lol. they did get another surgon in wen mr ammorie was on his hollidays and from wat his secretary said to me a couple of weeks ago i think he may still be there, if he is things should move along a lot quicker.threr is a suport group meating at the hospital on wed. 8th(?) sept. at 7pm. if you ring the hospital and ask for mr ammories sec. she will give you all the info. good luck i hope your wate is a short one........kath

Back