• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS TUMMY TUCK???? ANY HELP

PSL

Hi all,

I am new to this wondering if anyone had some additional info.

I have been refered to a plastic surgeon by my GP after two huge children and c-sections I have a huge over hang and no elasticity in my stomach what so ever. My GP has previously been reluctant to refer me and previously said that i will not get help on the NHS. I have seen my doctor 5-6 times over the last 4 years about this. The last time I went to see him, he finally looked at my stomach and agreed it is really very bad. I have never really been overweight and within a healthy BMI at the moment. But not really sure what happens from here.... I have an appointment with the consultant next month, but does this mean that I am able to go ahead with the surgery if the consultant deems me fit or will we then have to go to the PCT???? I thought that it needs to be ok'ed by the PCT before you see a consultant???? Really confused and feeling stressed out. Has anyone been through this before.

hi i am at the starting stages so cant really help but i had 2 big babies as well 11lb 2and 12 lb 8 and a half oz both c sections 2 weeks early and i have just lost over 9 st as well i have got a letter back saying that im been reffered to a clinical physicolligist but thats all so far and ive heard there could be a 2yr wait to see them first but iam in scotland what weight where you kids

Hi Rachel,

Oh it is very comforting to know someone is at the same stage as me with the same prob. Both were eleven pounders!!! Yep 2 C-sections too. I am just so worried that I am going to get turned down! I have been referred direct to a plastic surgeon, but don't know if I then get referred to the PCT to decide. When is your appointment booked? Mine is next week Wednesday. I am so nervous!

oh i wish i had an appointment iam on a waiting list to see the physc wont get to see plastic surgeon till i see them first let me know how you get on

I will let you know how I get on. I still think that once the PS sees me he will then have to recommend to the PCT as to whether he thinks I should go ahead and meet the criteria. I wisj someone would just wave a magic wand and send me to the operating theatre!!!!

Hi there

Youve been posting your threads in the WW Teams section which is why you wont get many responses, Ive moved this one to the WLS section

Back