• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck??

jinkles

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if anyone needs or has had one done.
I definately will need one. I am exercising 40mins cardio 4 times a week with 200 sit ups everyday, but it is not enough and I now have lot's of excess skin. I knew this would more than likely be a problem as I have been overweight for the majority of my life so far and have had 2 children.
Do the nhs have criteria for a tummy tuck??:sigh:

I don't know if there is a criteria but I have started getting all problems with excess skin on my tummy recorded by my docs. I have started now so maybe in 2 years time I will have loads of info at docs to support my case. I have sore patches under the aprony bits sometimes.

i was nhs t/tuck if your nhs for wls then your surgeon will tell you if they fund plastics in your area.

Hi Jinkles. I need one too. Criteria varies from PCT to PCT. You need to ask your PCT for their comissioning policy for LOW CLINICAL PRIORITY procedures. Abdominoplasty/apronectomy will be listed in there. Most publish them online, so if you hit google you should be able to find it.

In my area, they have quite strict criteria which luckily I meet, I just have to maintain a BMI of less than 26 for 2 years in addition first.

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if anyone needs or has had one done.
I definately will need one. I am exercising 40mins cardio 4 times a week with 200 sit ups everyday, but it is not enough and I now have lot's of excess skin. I knew this would more than likely be a problem as I have been overweight for the majority of my life so far and have had 2 children.
Do the nhs have criteria for a tummy tuck??:sigh:

Not had Bypass yet, but at the meeting I went to I was lead to believe the consultant would refer for Op to remove excess skin. Was told it would be done after you have shown you are maintaning your weight (usually 18 months).

This may vary from area to area.

Back