• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No new Referrals at the moment

I think if you fit the criteria you have nothing to worry about. My GP read her referral letter to me, it was lovely. It just said how id tried everything and how now it was starting to impact on my health and how she thought I'd be totally committed to what ever it had to do. Xx
P.s I still think you should ask to be referred to north tees, you don't have to give up your appointment with Sunderland either- I didn't until I had my transfer in writing xx

Thanks Aud. I am going to ask about the referral letter on monday and ask if its possible to be referred to north tees/ james cook as well. I can only ask cant I x

Never mind ask tell them to do it! Eeeee I sound like a right bossy boots...I'm not really! Honestly though I can't recommend NT enough- Sara the bariatric nurse has been on the phone again today, telling me what happens next and giving me my next appointment! Xx

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that you can choose your provider. Just hop to the next hospital.

Hi

I have seen a lot of mentions of these new guidelines for people with BMI over 50, which is the category I fit into - can someone tell me what these guidelines are? I have tried google but not got any answers. I am in Lancashire i that makes any difference?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, I have now had a good look at the NICE website, it has answered a lot of my questions - I just need to wait to hear what my GP is doing now!

Many thanks!

oops don't worry i can see now where to go - NICE website.. never mind! :)

Carol best of luck, i hope it all goes forward for you now.

Thank you Mrs Z :) what can I expect from the Seminar? Am i right in thinking you are at James Cook too?

No, I'm North Tees.

Seminar was a couple of hours. Had about 20 people going for surgery and almost everyone had someone with them. Lots to take in but get lots of info to take away with you.

Hi there ladies just popped in to wish you all good luck and to let you know I am at James Cook and my surgery on the 2nd Oct with Mr Dresner. I can't praise the team enough they have all been fantastic. I live quite a distance away in Scarborough but they still treat me with respect and consideration and it's the hospital I chose from the start. Be committed and you will be fine. Good luck )

Don't be anxious, I was so bad I was actually sick on the way to my seminar but the staff are fantastic. Since being with them I have lost 49lbs total and not even started my pre op yet. :)

Thank you Cupid that's reassuring to hear :) ... How long has your wait for surgery been? Could you tell me what happens after seminar please?
Well done on your weight loss to that's fantastic xx

Back