• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NO APPOINTMENTS AT SUNDERLAND???????

newcy

Hi, I received my chooseandbook letter today after GP ref'd me last week but when I tried to book my 1st appointment it said that no app'ts were available at this time. I rang General Surgery and they said that 'routine' app'ts wouldn't be availble until after xmas. I seem to be going 2 steps forward and 1 step back as usual. Is anyone else waiting to get their 1st appointment?

I'm presuming the 1st app't is the seminar but the letter doesn't say - are there normally big waiting lists for the seminar?

Sorry for twisting on but after finally getting the bottle up to ask the doctor for help, I just feel gutted that I might not get to see someone this year. I know its going to be a long process but I just really want to get the ball rolling.... :cry:

Don't panic. Sunderland Bariatric dept doesn't use choose and book. Ring the choose and book help number and get them to pass on your details or get your GP to write directly.

Your first appointment will be the information seminar. I was referred last March, attended a seminar in June and didn't see a surgeon until November. There is likely to be a bit of a wait, but it will be worth it in the long run.

I'm so sorry to hear of your disappointment and wish you well on your journey... waiting times are horrendous as most of us know... sending a loving hug to you... take good care xxx

Thank you ravelling - its good to get an idea of how long others have waited. The guy on the booking line said he would send a message to SRH asking them to contact me within the next 2 weeks so hopefully I'll at least hear something even if I don't get a date for a while. Thanks Beverlie - it's really nice to be able to speak to people who understand how I'm feeling x

i done it at sunderland back in march thru choose and book online xx

i know how you feel, he nurse/dietitian said to me your appointment will be oct/nov at the latest and i rang to see when mine was as i didnt recieve one, to be told that they dont see anyone in november or december and they start again in january so i got jan 31st :-( xx

Thanks Gemma, that's good to know that they don't see anyone Nov-Dec (saves me holding my breath). Good luck in Jan - I look forward to hearing how you got on x

Back