• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards - again!!!

hi julie nah you not upset me i just hoped i hadnt upset you. silly bugger me . i really hope it all comes right for you very soon. i know from experience when i was in with my stones that mr slater will do everything he can. love and hugs darling xxxx xxxx xxxx

[FONT=&quot]Date referred Date Saw Date of[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To Hospital Consultant Operation[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Aug 2008 22 April 2009 13 June 2009 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oct 2008 1 May 2009 19 August 2009 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oct 2008 May 2009 27 May 2009 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 April 2009 24 June 2009 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aug 2008 Feb 2009 1 July 2009 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 May 2009 Nov 2009 (tbc) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jan 2009 27 August 2009 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In my case:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]July 2008 30 April 2009 still waiting. been told by March 2010[/FONT]

I (likewise) hope I havent upset anyone with my very firm comments. I just really feel that some are being given a raw deal (spikeyjaycee you in particular) Likewise, I've taken no offence by whatever was said - and may I stress again, my postings have not been about being anti private treatment, theyve been in support of Julie (spikeyjaycee) and anti the really rubbish admin at St R's and in total honesty, stuff that is going on which makes absolutely no common sense whatsoever.

Mmmm, maybe they need a new administrator down there ? What do you think St R's people who are still waiting?

I'm not bothered, it'll happen when it happens. The way I see it I've been overweight for 17 years already, what's another few months?

Hi,

I really feel for you all that have waited for so long. I had my first consult in July, I have since had a Phsycology Consult last month.

I phoned to ask if they could give me an idea of my op date but the lady wouldn't say anything except depends if you need any more consults.

I prosume you are all going to be treated in the Chichester Suite. They have a 6 bed nhs part in the bariatric dept (probably not worded right but only way I can put it).

From what I understand the bariatric department's NHS 'funding' has in a way been down to Dr Sommer's and the fat doctor programme.

If it wasn't for this then I as a patient in Kent wouldn't of been able to be transferred there.

As frustrating as it is I know I have to wait patiently (pardon the pun). If I won the lottery I would be in there tomorrow.

I also know if it wasn't for private patients most nhs hospitals would not be able to run and update (machinery, staff etc) there departments because there just isn't the funding from government.

It may seem unfair and yes you may see it as queue jumping but one can't happen without the other. So we just wave to wait and keep doing the lottery!! :D

Take Care

Paula XX

I'm not bothered, it'll happen when it happens. The way I see it I've been overweight for 17 years already, what's another few months?
well done you thats a positive attitude for you. xxx

hi all
Just to clarify (hopefully) about ready for op date it goes from the date you have been told you are fit for surgery thats if you have to see dietitian annesitist phycologist ect. Some people dont see anyone some see more than one. I saw consultant in jan 09 and got ok then i had to see annesitist 27may 09 and got date 27th aug 09 the date you go on ACTIVE list for surgery is the date you see last person.
Hope this helps hun
Fingers crossed have you been in contact with PALS and maybe a letter to chief executive of st richards might make you feel better.
Take care

julie

hi all
Just to clarify (hopefully) about ready for op date it goes from the date you have been told you are fit for surgery thats if you have to see dietitian annesitist phycologist ect. Some people dont see anyone some see more than one. I saw consultant in jan 09 and got ok then i had to see annesitist 27may 09 and got date 27th aug 09 the date you go on ACTIVE list for surgery is the date you see last person.
Hope this helps hun
Fingers crossed have you been in contact with PALS and maybe a letter to chief executive of st richards might make you feel better.
Take care

julie

Thanks Julie - now why couldn't have someone at St Richards told me that??? Its like trying to decipher the SAS code working out how the NHS works!!

Can I just clear up a point that seems to be misleading here. I know I will have to wait and I have been given an 'end point' if you like. Its just the way its has (or hasn't in this case)been explained that riles me! Ok moan over. Back to cooking roast dinner for hubby.

Julie just a thought do they go with say someone who has a higher BMI first?? Maybe someone who is more at risk goes first?

Im waiting for funding approval, my pct when I called them said I would know within three weeks this application for funding was made by Dr Sommers not my GP.

Hope im not confusing the issue now xxx

Hello everyone
ive just had 2 letters from st richards 1 to say all is ok for operation and that mr slater will be doing it and the oter was to go and see him on the 26th oct . Not to sure what to expect when i see him i dont know if i get a date then or if its just a chat it dont say on the letter. I saw mr john and thought he was doing the op but they changed there mind has anyone been done by mr slater who can tell me whats he like and any clues on how long to wait?

Hello everyone
ive just had 2 letters from st richards 1 to say all is ok for operation and that mr slater will be doing it and the oter was to go and see him on the 26th oct . Not to sure what to expect when i see him i dont know if i get a date then or if its just a chat it dont say on the letter. I saw mr john and thought he was doing the op but they changed there mind has anyone been done by mr slater who can tell me whats he like and any clues on how long to wait?
hi cant help with why you need to see him maybe cos hes doing op now instead of the other man?
as for what hes like, umm er couldnt say ha ha. ok sorry well
very nice listens doesnt patronise you really nice guy. all im saying:cool::eek:xx

hi i saw mr john first but hen was told mr slater was doing my op as i needed open and mr john cant do open. I dought if you will be given date at appionment you usually get phone call. I dont know why you have to see mr slater as i never met him till morning of op.

I dont think it makes any difference about bmi in fact if anything it can make your wait longer as they could need special equipment ect so needs to be planned ahead. (that was my experience anyway)
Hope this helps.

Good luck all

Back